1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Weight loss- A success story

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by abinayamadhavan, Sep 20, 2013.

1. abinayamadhavan

abinayamadhavan Silver IL'ite

Hi All,

Everyday I see many posts here in IndusLadies, ladies struggling to shed the excess weight.

Here is my success story.

I used to be lean and perfectly fit until marriage(55kgs). I am tall by the way. After marriage I happened to be in vacation for a few months, which made me gain 6 kgs.So I was 61kgs at the start of my pregnancy. After this weight gain I had no way of losing it as I became pregnant. At the end of my pregnancy I was 78.5 kgs, honestly.

I ate lot of proteinous food, nuts, grains,sprouts,fish,fresh fruits, lot of green vegetables, less rice,meat less often etc. I delivered my boy on Dec,2012.

After 3 months when I checked my weight, it was alarming, I was 72. I had a big bag of fat in my abs. I never had a tummy before. I had a vaccum assisted delivery and toomany stitches. So I was not able to use the tummy belt till 1 month. MY IL's made it a big scene that I have a big tummy. Right from the second month of delivery, I started working out abs and tiny walks etc.

Now, its been 9 months and my weight is 63 kgs. Just only 2 more kgs to go. Still I have a little tummy, but trying still.

I here want to share the steps I took to come this way.
    1. I do all house hold works say cooking, cleaning, moping, washing clothes my hand etc.
    2. Do abs atleast 3 days in a week( I am a working mom)
    3. Get up early in the morning and sleep early, no day time sleep even in week ends
    4. Walk whereever possible say taking an overbridge way instead of bus
    5. From 3rd month to 7 month i walked 3 kms daily(power walk)
    6. No dieting, at the same time no overeating
    7. Eat sprouts, frequent small meals rather than big meals
    8. Finally, confidence, I never give up.

I am very sure that I will get a flat abs soon and be in perfect fit again :)

Apologies for the lengthy post.

6 people like this.

2. melon123

melon123 IL Hall of Fame

abinaya.. congratz on losing ur pregnancy weight... my best wishs for u to reach ur target weight and get bk flat abs..

keep posting about your journey...

1 person likes this.
  3. twilight3

twilight3 Silver IL'ite

Congrats on ur weight loss..me too struggling to loose my pregnancy weight gain.
    You r an inspiration.

Good luck :)

1 person likes this.