1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Weekly Wellness Challenge - Journalling

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by sankara1, May 25, 2021.

1. sankara1

sankara1 Silver IL'ite

WEEKLY CHALLENGE!

Have you ever tried “morning pages” or morning journaling?

Grab your journals because we have a fast & easy challenge this week that will:

1 - Start your day off on a positive note and

2 - Help you stay positive and motivated throughout your day!

✅ Spend a few minutes every morning writing in a 5-Minute Journal!

NOTE: You don’t need to buy a special journal for this – any notebook or pad of paper will work. (Although this one happens to be my favorite: www.intelligentchange.com)

[​IMG]
    A 5-Minute Journal is designed to give you an edge a few different ways.

It works using positive psychology, helping to direct your actions and focus on things that help make you feel better!

Here’s the basic format …

Every morning you list:

3 things you’re grateful for, and

3 things that would make your day GREAT.

⭐ Feeling gratitude helps put you in a positive mindset … and who doesn’t want to start their day thinking about how to make it a great one?!

Plus, it’ll put you in a more “proactive” rather than “reactive” state of mind.

You can even write in your journal while sipping your morning coffee. It literally takes just a couple of minutes.

⚡ SPOILER ALERT: Next week we’re going to go deeper into this challenge so make sure you grab a journal this week and get started.

Are you up for joining this challenge?!

Let me know below … and bonus points if you share a pic of your journal in the comments!

SuiDhaaga likes this.

2. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga Gold IL'ite

How do you protect prying eyes from reading your journal?

sankara1 likes this.
  3. sankara1

sankara1 Silver IL'ite

Good question. I have wondered that myself.

Here are my thoughts on this: (1) Have one journal that's safe, just has things you are working on, schedules, timelines, dreams, and nothing on people

(2) A second journal that you can keep tucked away somewhere like in your underwear drawer which has more personal opinions, with a lock and a fake cover.
    (3) Don't have a permanent personal journal. Write how you feel and shred it. This is my usual way to deal with issues that I need to think out and not want to have around forever...

I hope these help..try the shredding and see if that works.

SuiDhaaga likes this.
  4. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga Gold IL'ite

Ok I'm gonna shred it.

No lock and key but shredding 4 ever!!!!!

5. sankara1

sankara1 Silver IL'ite

❓How is this week’s nighttime journaling challenge going!? Have you noticed a difference since you started?

The reflection bit – “what could have made today better” – part of the night journaling makes ALL the difference!

Here’s something to keep in mind: make sure you keep those comments POSITIVE as you reflect.

You don’t want to go down a negative rabbit hole just before bedtime.

❤️ The whole point is to take actions that will help improve the quality of your life.

6. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga Gold IL'ite

I was wondering if you can start a thread where people can publicly post their positive thoughts before bed. At least share one or two of them. Just a thought.

sankara1 likes this.
  7. sankara1

sankara1 Silver IL'ite

Great idea. But what someone feels is positive, like "I finally finished the laundry before the weekend" might differ and not as positive for others?

Definitely just keep a notebook and write what you achieved each day at the end and then shred it if you don't want it to be public..hope that makes sense.

I got some stuff done today and am happy. But that stuff is really going to be different for everyone.

SuiDhaaga likes this.