1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Weekly Connect With My Grand Children

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sln, Sep 6, 2021.

1. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

A haughty Lawyer once visited a rich farmer but a humble man. He told the farmer to hold his head high being rich. The farmer took him to his field and showed him an unripe crop standing erect with empty ear heads. He next took him to a ripe crop where the plants were bent with the weight of grains. This is how we should be, the farmer told the lawyer much to his embarrassment.
    When we sow the seed, weeds also grow with the plant. If we want the crop to be healthy, we have to weed the crops periodically. Similarly unnecessary thoughts also crop up in our minds. We have to introspect periodically and weed out such thoughts to become good and successful human beings.
    I am ordained by my daughter to give a message to my grandchildren when they meet on Zoom call every week. I am sharing with you what I told them yesterday.SLN

2. umaakumar

umaakumar Finest Post Winner

Dear Sir,
    Very nice. Children love to hear stories from their grandparents. My granddaughter also wants to hear different stories everytime she calls. So I make up a lot of moral stories for her. Thanks for sharing a very meaningful message.
    Regards
    Uma

3. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

I kept my children engaged with Amar Chitra Katha,Panchatantra and Tenali Raman stories. I also used to mix up 2/3 cinema stories although my sister called my bluff off. My wife regaled them with Kovalan/Kannagi,French Revolution etc .Now neither we nor the children have patience to listen to stories. I have therefore switched over to twitter style stories with my own experience in personal and official life. I feel that the message is getting through.
    SLN