1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Weekend Musings -Oct part 1

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Weekend Musings - Oct 07 - Part 1
    [​IMG]
    <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O />

1) Techie Gives 68 cr to <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = ST1 /><ST1:pLACE w:st="on"><ST1:pLACENAME w:st="on">Shirdi</ST1:pLACENAME><ST1:pLACETYPE w:st="on">Temple</ST1:pLACETYPE></ST1:pLACE> - TOI - dated 5/10/07 - page 5

Former BASSCOM Cheif K.V.Ramani,has donated 68 crores to build a huge Bhakta Niwas that would accomodate over 14000 devotees at time.Sai Baba has given me more wealth than I need.The purpose of donating the money was to help in propogating the teachings of Sai Baba to the devotees who visit the place, said the 56 year old software Engineer.

(How many people give a part of their wealth to charity? When Laxmi Mittal was asked recently,why he does not donate like Bill Gatres and Warren Buffet, he said he was too young to donate at 50 plus.He makes Bill Gates sound as though he is 80 years.)Boss Hats off from Kamalji to you.

2) Shortage of Priests Hits "Shradh" rituals in UP - TOI dt 5/10/07 page 4

Pandits from Agra,Mathura and other districts are working overtime to meet the rush of people wanting to perform the shradh rituals.Says Pandit Mahesh Shukla" the younger generation find no attraction to this profesion,which has started to resemble begging.Most people give 11 or 21 and he has to spend at least 2 hours per house.Mumbai is better, where a pandit gets at least 500/-

The biggest problem is finding a female pandit for the shradha of a dead woman,a woman pandit is to be fed.

( What if the woman Pandit is like Rakhee Sawant, I wonder what the dead soul will go through .In Jaipur, pandits dont eat at yr house, they take a steel tiffin and go,plus cash, and these tiffins are sold to the Dhabhas near the Railway Station,who in turn sell them to beggars, who have a feast .Imagine my Shradh, coming to me thru a beggar's stomach,and that too Veg stuff.Yech ! )

3) Gossiping Gets Institutionalised in Hoshiarpur - TOI dt. 3.10.07 - page 4 - By Khushwant Singh

" Gossip place for Retired persons " says the board.Ravinder Kumar Sud,who has converted his office into a " Gossip Centre".We have given ourselves the licence to gossip.Its fun, says Sud, an ex serviceman.

The office has television and newspapers to give members a complete grip over the happenings in the world.There are conditions to the centre's membership.Only retired people are eligible and if u dont have a sense of humour, just forget it.

And its men only.Set up a month ago in the city's Birbal colony, the centre has begun attracting retired men.

( Dont i fit the bill friends ? I love to gossip, and i do have a sense of humour.And just old men only ? This place must have young females also, to whom we oldies will advise them on their love lives, and looking at them our arthritis will go away,blood will begin to circulate better, heartbeat will be better, and clots in the heart will melt away.Its another matter if the pretty nubiles would want the oldies company.And yes a computer is a must to blog also.Where else can u meet guys like Tilo and his friends,and lovely bloggers too.I will be the first canditate in jaipur for sure.But i have another 6 years to go till i becmome a senior citizen.Till then I Lites will have to suffer me for sure.)

4) Invalid Lawyer seeks Alimony from Wife - TOI - page 9

56 year old Yudhistar Panda, a lawyer fromKendrapara,has told the Cuttak Family court that he has become an invalid following an accident 6 months back,and needs 3000 per month from his teaching wife,Laxmipriya.

.Well looks like Britney spear's husband K fed has also been alloted 20000 pounds per month from his wife, as he is jobless and his wife earns.Not bad to have rich working wives eh.We guys can blog the whold day,and the wife's money brings in the grocery, and the ciggies and liquor eh !

No Horsing Around This – HT – 12/10/07 – page 12

Thiruvananthapuram – Noordin Mather, like any of us, rides to office everyday.Only he does it on horseback.

The realtor was forced to junk his fancy Four wheeler for the 4 legged option as his 8 lakh car would frequently breakdown, thanks to the potholed roads in <ST1:CITY w:st="on"><ST1:pLACE w:st="on">Kochi</ST1:pLACE></ST1:CITY>.” No more breakdowns, no road rage.I can go at my pace, enjoying a peaceful ride.

( Jaipur I have seen these kind of riders on horses.These are the guys,who have to take the horse from one wedding baraat to another.they are so heavily booked, that sometimes the first baraat is late, they leave the groom half way on the road, and take the horse and run for the next wedding.and it is a scream, to watch a horse riding in the traffic at full speed.And I imagine the plight of the groom left midway on the roads.)

Indians have exciting unhibited Sex – Survey – TOI – 11/10/07 – page 1

Indians have emerged the third busiest love makers in the World, with the most exciting and satisfied sex much like the Nigerians and Mexicans,who took the first two spots.74% Indians don’t hesitate to tell their p[artners their preferences in bed.

( Havnt I said in my pervious blogs that Indians produce babies like rabbits.They should have asked me, instead of spending so much on surveys.Stupid guys.I had read many years back, about the lack of privacy hitting Indian lower middle class.Two brothers working in a mill, sharing the same room with their partners.So one guy takes themorning shift, the other the night shift.So the wife of the guy gone to work complains that there is a bedsheet hanging which separates the couples,and the brother doing the job next door, eyes her,from under the bedsheet and she can feel that even in the dark.So is this how Indians find sex exciting ?I am too old fashioned to understand these things.

But we are not first in sex, and neither in the production of kids, as <ST1:COUNTRY-REGION w:st="on"><ST1:pLACE w:st="on">China</ST1:pLACE></ST1:COUNTRY-REGION> is ahead of us.WE are usless even in these fields.Amen

Beware of the Third Eye this Puja – HT 12/10/07 page 11

Mumbai – As u flirt this Dandiya,an unremarkable gentleman in the corwd could be taking notes and photos, only to produce a long log of yr escapades to yr parents.

Many parents are hiring dectectives to ensure their children do not spend a debauched Dandiya.Detective Agencies are charging Rs. 2500 – 15000 for a night.the parents want to know if their daughters are having sex.Two to three dectectives keep an eye on the girl.

( I have read that during Dandiyas, hotels close by, charge by the hour,vehicles are parked where the couple can have fun, charged by the hour.And the clothes that some females wear, the backless or the cholis, leave little to imagination.Valmiki fell once, and if he were to be here now, he would fall every minute.That is one reason I don’t go to dandiyas.After all I am a male, I think,and a human, but definitely not a saint.So I stay away.

So all u guys and gals have a great Dandiya,wear safe clothes,and u never know I could be the dectective hired by yr parents,spouse, to keep an eye on you.And for money Kamalji wouldn’t mind reporting anybody, so what if that blogger dosnt come back to my blog in spite.Jai Laxmi mata.

KAMAL MAHTANI

2. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Kamalji,

Interesting mix of news and views.

I like the news of that man going on horse-back to work. If more people start to follow this, then we will soon have found a solution to the petrol and gas crisis. I watched a news article on TV about people who use bycycle to travel to office. There was a man who cycled nearly 6 miles one way and reached his office sweating and panting. Once he reaches office he changes to office wear.

You do have a good hobby of collecting news clips. Do you file them or do you make a scrapbook?

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Nivedi,

thanks for yr lovely comments, and also this being the first one.

I cut out the newspaper clips of my interest, and past them on sheets,and take out the photocopies.And 100 pages of such make a book called " Naughty Stuff" books.I have been doing this since 2000.And i have 20 Naughty Stuffs wit me.

This book has these clippings, plus religous things too, which i like,like today TOI Speaking Tree where Rajneesh has givemn a nice sermon, very practical and thought provoking.These i dont post in the musings on the net, bcs readers may not be interested in these.

Just my brothers are interested to read this, so u can say this is a personal interest, and sicne i started to blog a year ago, i post these musings, and u can see the response.Just 12 hits and 1 comment in 48 hours.HAHA.

Thanks and regards.kamal

4. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

I am doing the reverse reading... During my one week visit to Chennai, I think I have missed a lot...

Great....

I too would enjoy if women priests come in... Sushu, shilpa..... Novel Idea... Elderly people (like you...) should insist... So youngsters (like me...) will reap the benefits atleast in future...:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl.

Donating huge amounts to lord is to avoid/evade tax... and also to reduce some of their papams.....

Does the gossip includes hot movies, pics etc...

Garbas... No comments... Dont know anything about that.... Seen only in news & TV... Would like to attend once and understand what it is all about...

Keep Going... Slowly, we will go back to old bullock carts...

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Veda, u like all gossip eh .So do i .

do u know those who like gossip, dont grow old, like u and me.HAHA.

And yes nice to have Rakhee Sawants as female pandits to do Shradds.I wouldnt mind a female doing my shraddh.:-oRegards.kamal

6. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

You can say, I am in a way gossip monger..... I am always young at heart....hahahahaha....

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Veda,

U know there is a gossip club in Hoshiarpur,punjab just for male senior citizens.So i will soon be eligible for it,u are still far away, young man.:shock:

On my walks, in the morning, i muist talk and talk, o r hear my parnter of waljking talk,otherwise i get bored fast.And the things i hear, i cant write them down.So these things keep me cheerful throughout the day.HAHA.Thanks and regards.kamal