1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Weed

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by knot2share, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear K2share,

Phew, what a smashing write up on weeds and weeding!

Let me start at the very beginning. Glad that your entrance was all spruced up and pruned up too in time for the Goddess Lakshmi to enter with a spring in her step along with the spring. If I can believe the vibes I am receiving, a glorious smile is adorning the Lakshmi of the house.:)

Being generous, you did bring those smiles to our snippets too and right now, I took the full pleasure of learning what a weed really is all about. I suddenly feel a great empathy towards them, all thanks to you!! Yes, they adapt to any place, nook or corner and even pop up from a tiny crack in a rock and they even elevate one to the unknown heights of ecstasy! And how true, at times, their blossoms are quite pretty giving a complex to the geraniums next door!

Must admit though that I had no friendly feelings towards them in the past! The hours and hours spent on my knees weeding those weeds away only to see them appear again in a couple of days jeering at me is only all too fresh in my mind! There was a lesson to learn indeed but the weeds in my mind had clouded my discerning ability!

I agree with you and so many others here that it is our hearts and minds that we should keep clean for the Goddess to enter our abodes. That is most important and that is when She will be easily breezing through the greenery at the entrance or the alternate cluttered garage entrance!

This time round K2S, you shared some very alluring thoughts about weeds and need I add that it was penned exquisitely?! Coming late, I also got to enjoy the many excellent fbs and replies to them.

L, Kamla

2. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Dearest Kamla, A big WOW to that reply from you. What am I going to say in reply to this, other than a big thank you with a 80mm smile on my face. I am glad to have made some people see the good side of a weed and look at them differently. Although they do end up in the green bin eventually, lets appreciate how well they stick to their character (never give up attitude). May the weedness be with us all :).

3. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Dear K2S,

Enjoyed this piece. I have often wondered why people hate weeds. Dandelions for example are pretty, expecially after a long, gruelling, snow covered winter. I read a few years ago that cannabis can be used to run diesel engines. Apparently Ford Motor Co. demonstrated this in early twentieth century. But big money and politics had a role to play in banning it in US and giving petroleum the exclusive right.

Bengalis are very fond of a vegetable preparation (potatoes, parmal and so on) made with poppy seeds.It's got nothing to do with opium or heroin, needless to say. But poppy seeds are after all the source of these drugs.

Cannabis too could be used for a good purpose, though I am not aware of the environmental implications.

I hope Lakshmi has now found a permanent place in your home. I also wish that you reach whatever goals you have set for yourself. Finding that goal is usually the hardest part of the game. Reaching it is easier. I for one never discovered my goal. But that doesn't make life any less interesting. Living from day to day, trying out the fare at different restaurants as it were.

Btw, your opening paragraph was delightfully well-written.

Love.

oj-da

4. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Dear OJ da
    Firstly a big thank you for the nice words. Another new thing I learn about Cannabis from you - to run diesel engines. Some of these weeds have actually become the items in demand in the gardens and nurseris here because of water shortage. Plants that were not considered as part of a garden because they took over most of the garden in time, are now the most hardy and less water consuming varieties. Something like a Buffalo grass which has its roots spreading in all directions and growing like a weed, is possibly the best variety for a lawn. They will survive to keep your lawn green somehow. Well thats my logic anyway.

My goals in life - I am not sure either OJ da. I suppose it is wise to set short team goals with the hope that they will lead you to the ultimate goal. I seem to be drifting with the fallen leaves on a mighty river.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2010