1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Weed

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by knot2share, Aug 13, 2010.

1. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Meena my darling, you had to work so hard to keep on top of what I was trying to say because I had no clue what I was writing as I was writing. I am very thrilled to hear that you call it exemplary, especially coming from somebody who is loved by many here for her writing skills and humour. You surely did make my many days of scribbling. Thank you very muchly as it makes me feel so good about myself and also for the nomination...now that is really a surprise. I am OMGing at the moment!

Dear Viji ma, Romba thank you and my prayers to the Goddess to bless everybody here everyday for good health and prosperity. I used to love watching our maid when I was little, when she used to come early in the morning and do exactly what you talked about. The house used to have an aishwaryamaana entry! I have tried putting it too but boy oh boy, it took me hours to finish a small one properly. Thank you for the feedback Viji ma. Take care.

2. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Dear K2S,

I thought you would be sharing your herculean task of yanking some knotty weed but Lo here you have beauitfully derived exemplary anology how we should all becomes weeds.I could not agree more with you.

What surprises me is that when there are so many different ways and props to drive this point home , you have chosen the least expected WEED ( which I think everyone here can relate to ) and made a spectacular post !

I loved your post not for the wonderful writing style or humour you display ( which is ingrained in all your posts ) but the unconventionality which you seemed to have carried off with style.I can't think there could be a similar post so magnificently thinking out-of-the-box.

You just can't have good writing style to deliver such highly acclaimed post ( reading the other fbs that concur ) but a mind resonating with intellect and perspicacity to have come up with such profound post , interluding with humour which made this post just PERFECT to be nominated for finest post.Let me rush and nominate now ...

3. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Dear Jayashree, You are absolutely right. Straight from my mind onto the post. Sometimes I just can't be bothered sitting and jotting them all down and then going through a few times before I post it. I lose interest by the end of that long process. So while it is hot, I try to serve my dish no matter how untraditionally it is made. Well you will be surprised if I really tell you what all things go through my mind even with the most simplest of all duties at home. Remember polishing the urli episode? That is another example for you :). I agree with you wholeheartedly. Self cleaning is the most essential quality and the rest will follow. Thank you my dear for your words of appreciation. Now again coming from another highly acclaimed writer on IL. Friday the 13th was afterall not a bad day to pick to post this here :).

Dear Srama, Very glad to see that you liked it. More like an abstract painting isn't it? Splash of different things on one canvas. Well maybe not an abstract painting because I feel I have been able to convey what I intended to, through the post. In an abstract painting I can never figure out what the painter was trying to convey. I think the challenge is in what exactly we try to learn from the weed. Or learning the right lessons. Like you said, "growing like a weed" can have nice and not so nice interpretation and also trying to learn from the resilience and persistence of a weed sounds more better than saying learning to be adamant like a weed, that it will always come back to show its head no matter how many times we try to do away with them :). Thank you very much for your comments and very happy to know that you found it interesting.

4. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Hi K2S:

Lovely post there! Sure deserves the nomination that it's got!

I loved the way you started with Goddess Lakshmi and ended at weeds:) A thought provoking write.

Keep it coming.

Sindhu

5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear K2S,

Double congratulations to you! Not one, but two eminent writers of IL, Meena Sankaran and Sabitha K, have nominated this post for the FP of the Month.

Though it is not a surprise to see one of your posts being nominated, their words in praise of this post is surely worth a mention. I look forward to reading it very soon.

Thanks for giving us such treats regularly.:thumbsup

L, Kamla

6. jananirbk

jananirbk Senior IL'ite

Dear Knot2Share:

Very nice post from you!! After reading this, I just felt you should write more like this wonderful post!! There is nothing special with prosperity when you are pampered!! The weeds teach us how we should be strong enough, though no one around us like us!! Very nice thought-provoking post!!

With Love
    Janani Natarajan

7. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

My dear Aruna, Sorry for the late reply. We have been having major problem with out home desktop pc. A nasty virus seems to have found its way and we have been breaking our brains trying to fix it. Even right now as I write this, the process is in progress. I am so glad to find atleast one person here who agrees with me and did the same like we do - enter through the garage! You know when my parents were here a couple of years ago, my dad always found it fascinating because all one could see was a car coming out of the garage in the morning and come evening time, the car goes in and garage door shuts. No humans are seen outside the house!! hahaa. Well have not seen many lizards here but the others are more than enough trouble. I will need to meet up with Goddess to take her through the new route to enter a home! :). Thank you dear for your presence.

My dear Sri uncle, Once again apologies for late reply for reasons stated above. I had to smile at your remark on ozzie crows. When my parents were here, they were sorta surprised. Really their voice does sound very constipated. Its very close to the cry that signals the arrival of guests - close but not the same. I am not way even beginning to emulate like Pad ma. Not an eligible candidate to sit for the "Doctrate" degree that she has managed to earn :). I miss her too and hope she is keeping well. Thank you Sri uncle for the feedback, which is always a pleasure to read.

8. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Hello Sabitha, the teenage queen!
    What have I earned to see somebody like you come and pay me a visit and write a few words about this post?? I feel totally over the moon to say the least. To be nominated by Meenasankaran and yourself is possibly the bestest gesture of appreciation that I have earned and as good as winning. Very glad to know that you liked the post and thank you a thousand times for your words of appreciation, which seems to feel very heavy on me right now.

Hello Sindhu, So glad to see you here and your good wishes are most appreciated. I could not help laughing at myself when I read "from Goddess Lakshmi to Weed"...Oh God, what a contrast! I surely was not under the influence of the "weed", let me assure you that :). My hubby certainly thinks that I was. Thank you for stopping by.

9. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Thank you Kamla! You too give me too much credit. Extremely happy to know that the posts make some sense atleast to a few :). Hope you are keeping well as I did read about your busy times at the moment.

Thank you to you too Janani. I will try my best to write what I can. So sweet of you to be encouraging this way. Unfortunately like I said to Kamalji, the weed in my brain does not grow rapidly!! Hope Varsha (?..your daughter isn't it?) is keeping well. Take care and thank you for the comments.

10. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

Dear Junior,

Fantastic write-up.

I plead you to teach me to weed / lead my way better & that's what you have done right now.

Sometimes I feel it's so unfair that though we both studied in the same school & how come you turn a weed into a super deed, while I seem to turn a super deed to a weed.

Probably at school I was behind the weeds & not books. :)

I am reminded just about my classmate Lakshmi & not the Lakshmi you had mentioned.

Great again Junior.