1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Wedge pillow

Discussion in 'Infants' started by AnithaPartha, Jan 13, 2010.

1. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Ladies,

Anybody using this pillow for your LO's?
    Pour some ideas for me..

After feeding some milk is coming out of Rithik's mouth so planning to use this pillow to keep him elevated..

2. RekhaViju

RekhaViju Bronze IL'ite

I was also recommended to use this as Laya also spits, but never used.

3. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

More on sleep positions and reflux here Baby Sleep Position - Baby Sleep Positioner
    I found making the child sleep on his left side to be more effective than using a crib wedge. But yes, both of it is a better alternative than medicating heavily.

4. lee50

lee50 Silver IL'ite

Hi Anitha,

Are you burping well? In bottle feeding, one needs to be super quick in burping, I faced this with my DD, I was alert while burping else all is a waste, just comes out. Also you can hold the baby for sometime against you before placing on the bed.
    I used the normal horse shoe shaped head positioner, but then later LO was not steady at one place so didn't help much. As tikka mentioned in case you BF and are sleeping then its better to keep the baby towards the left or right side for sometime and then on the back, it helps to digest better. LO's have a small digestive tract so we need to take care while feeding.

5. RekhaViju

RekhaViju Bronze IL'ite

Laya sometimes falls into sleep just after feeding. While she is sleeping however much I try, she doesnt burp at all.

6. ridgemma

ridgemma Gold IL'ite

Hi

Lill P also uses this pillow...Meanwhile my DD is the same as rithik born 33 weeks preemie...now in her 4th month (adjusted)...jus remembered her cin ur son's avatar...will soon post her pics...

Luv

Ridge

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  7. AnithaPartha

HI DEars,

Thnx for replies.
    Actually Rithik doesn't split out that much but only once in a day..
    But after all his feeds milk comes till his neck and he tries to take it inside.. he is very very smart in doing that but without his knowledge soemtimes milk comes out :(

Ped told that a ring in oesophagus is open for preeemie and thats why milk comes out like..

any use with this pillow ladies? else am not going to buy it..

Lee - Yeah, burping is going good.. Also, he gives burped sound but somehow milk is coming out(not always)

8. lee50

lee50 Silver IL'ite

Hi Anita,

If it curdles and comes out that means digestion has taken place and its an indication for growth. For now, concentrate on the feeding part, you mentioned that the weight gain is going good, keep going. Are you having ajwain, sometimes, digestive help while nursing. I took ajwain curry while nursing once a day.

About the pillow, I think ridgemma has some exp in this area. We will wait for comments from her.

9. AnithaPartha

Lee,

Yeah, sometimes I see curd like milk coming out and I realised it as digestion.. But sometimes he brings raw milk also outside(after an hr that too) which makes me wonder.. Is this also normal?

Ya other ladies too can give their feedback..

10. ridgemma

ridgemma Gold IL'ite

Hi

DD was doing that till 3 months, till I got a hang of her feeding patterns, nursing time...She used to spit raw milk,which is excess than her lill stomach(which is just the size of her fist) can hold, sometimes out of hungry they tend to suck a lot in a hurry which comes out when I burp her...sometimes when I lift her or burp her by swaying her then also due to sudden movement after feed, she used to spit..

Nyways if he has normal weightgain,pees & soos properly, nothing to worry..

I feel in wedge pillow, she slept well without any disturbance as her elevated head provided comfortable breathing, helped in indigestion and she curdled little...This worked with my DD...

Luv

Ridge

Last edited: Jan 14, 2010