1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Wedding Night jitters !!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by mlk2009, Sep 2, 2009.

1. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hmm...interesting,here I go
    1.Who broke the ice first when DH and You were left alone during wedding night ?
    DH
    2.How long did u guys talked and got to know each other or talked about the wedding etc before you got into action ?
    As mlk said there were no talks, directly to action - action speaks louder than words;)
    3.How many of you were actually tired and went to sleep ?
    Though will be too tired after 3hours of journey and all the wedding rituals, surprisingly we were not the least tired.
    4.How was the next day when you had to face family and friends who were ready to tease ?
    No one was there to tease at DH's house(atleast not me) ;)
    5.Where did the wedding night take place ?
    DH's home.

2. april1981

april1981 Gold IL'ite

here i go..............
    1...it was my DH who broke the ice first bcoz i was too shy.
    2...we talked for an hour and just pre actions bcoz i was really nervous and not prepared for any action.Real action took place about a year after marriage
    3......i did not sleep the whole night bcoz there weer 2 pillows one hard and other soft. AS luck would have it DH took the soft pillow and slept. While i was stuck with the hard one,and i did not feel like waking him up and asking fot soft pillow. So i was awake the whole night.
    4.......no one actually
    5......My place

3. lvarada

lvarada Bronze IL'ite

1. There was no need for ice breaking.. we were sitting and chatting with his mom and other relatives till 11 in the night as the time before that was not auspicious it seems… I was half asleep by then.
    2. Have to share this.. Since my mil’s and sil’s house are right next to each other in his native, they had given us sil’s house entirely. Looks like Sil and her hubby had decorated their bedroom and bed with lots of flowers like they show in movie… DH went and first thing he did was to lie down on the bed and the next instant he was like “ouch” and sprang back :biglaugh looks like there were couple of roses with thorn and they had pierced DH J Spent the next 10 mins cleaning the entire bed and we both neatly collected all the flowers and kept it in a corner… Sil was very disappointed in the morning J. No action that night as we both were tired.
    3. I went off to sleep and DH was watching TV for some 10 mins before he too fell flat.
    4. None…
    5. In his sister’s house at this native

4. PreethiArun66

PreethiArun66 Senior IL'ite

Hi all,
    My reply...
    1.Who broke the ice first when DH and You were left alone during wedding night ?
    There was no big ice.. V started speaking casually

2.How long did u guys talked and got to know each other or talked about the wedding etc before you got into action ?
    V talked for few minutes n some pre-actions(like priti).. :biglaugh

Slept after few hours

4.How was the next day when you had to face family and friends who were ready to tease ?
    It was really embarassing. As part of the custom I was supposed to wear the same sari to mandapam. I was too conscious n wondering wat all might me thinkin abt us.. :idea

At my place

5. limkabook

limkabook Bronze IL'ite

Scorpio Girl,

These things are new to me....Good that atleast after a month, you were able to stay together

6. tuliplady

tuliplady Gold IL'ite

We knew each other for 2 years before marriage, so there was no ice. My little SILs and BIL's decorated our room for the whole day and knowing them my dh got very suspicious. They made him carry me in his arms upstairs to our bedroom. We went in and saw the whole bed decorated with flowers..and guess what! i am allergic to extreme fragrances and flower pollens. Even for the marriage, I wore only 2-3 strands of flowers. We immediately started removing those flowers. Poor SILs and BILs:-( finally, I started removing the pins n gel in my hair:hide: Our entire body was aching with standing the whole day and I was severely PMSing. We tried to sleep and saw an alarm go by. My clever littles ILs had hidden alam clocks all over the room. We found one and then started looking for other clocks...:rotflThey had also placed 'papads,poppudums' under our bed. they expected some sounds etc..but we outsmarted them and found them before we even broke a single papad. We finally changed and went to the adjoining room to sit and chat with the little ILs (20 of them). They were quite upset that we did not fall for their tricks and spent the entire night chatting with them:thumbsup

See above:cheers

Slept at 4 AM woke up at 6 AM for satyanarayan puja

Nothing really. They were hurrying us to get ready for the puja. My GMIL prepared special lemon grass tea for me. So far I am yet to taste a tea as amazing as that:)

5.Where did the wedding
    At my dh's place

Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  7. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

hmmm nice memories...

1. who broke the ice? me... my wierd hair style refused to give in on one side alone and i was looking like a ghost. i struggled, struggled and asked for DH's help to take off the hair-pins.
    2. we were talking until well past mid night until someone knocked at the door. the real action happened only after a month but some prelims on wedding night:hide:
    3. we were tired but didn't go to sleep immediately.
    4. oh next day morning was very embarassing, atleast for me. i couldn't even bring myself to look at my dad esp. since i had to also leave my parents to go to my in-laws place the emotions were all mixed up... embarassment, sorrow, joy everything.. my maternal aunts were busy teasing me...
    5. at the wedding hall (i mean a room at the wedding hall)

Latha

8. sreedevikan

sreedevikan New IL'ite

hi to all
    i read all post and came to notice few ponts
    always the one who broke ice is dh
    it is advised not to go for diff hairstyles but leave it loose with a small strand of flowers
    not to decorate bed too much with flowers
    arrange wedding night 3 - 4 days after marriage
    so that there will be real enjoyment

9. Vaishnave

Vaishnave Senior IL'ite

Nice memoriess hmmm

1. Both were so nervous ; we know each other for almost 10 months but still. of course, DH broke the ice;
    2. we were talking for 15 min i hope :ideaand then into action ;-):biglaugh
    3. no; We did not sleep for the whole night...
    4. Really such an embarassing situation that too to face my parents, sisters and relatives...OMG!!!:drowning
    5. At my place.....

thanks for the one who started the thread...sweet memories

Vaishnave

10. amul

amul Silver IL'ite

ahhh very interesting topic which we can cherish our memories

My DH

ohhhh we had chicken biryani..had a little talk(bcos we were talking from 10 months) and I went to sleep wihout notice.

I went to sleep without notice.till today he laughs at me.

Nothing like that.But my sis came to me and asked me did evrything went on well.I said yes.(it was in a hotel so she came to me)

it was in hotel (hyd)but we planned it previously to have the action in swizz and we did in swizz only.such a nice trip which I cannot forget.