1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Wedding Jewellery found lying in dustbin

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Laxmi1980, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Laxmi1980

Laxmi1980 Silver IL'ite

My cousin got married just two weeks back.After the wedding , the jewelleries were nicely packed and the responsibility was given to two of her SILs to carry them safely to her sasural..On the day of the reception one of her wedding earrings (ofcouse a very heavy one) , was found lying at the dustbin at her sasural.She was shocked as she thought that they were still in packed condition.She remained quiet as no one could be questioned then as she is so very new.She narrated the episode to us and all of us are shocked. Her husband wants her to remain quiet too. She is not feeling comfortable in the new household..Can you please suggest what action she needs to take.. She is very docile by nature but at the same time she is scared in the new environment.

2. meerakoushik

meerakoushik New IL'ite

Hi,

That was very shocking!!! I can understand how hard will be for ur cousin to see the jewelry given to her by her parents in trash. It's their hard earned money... How much sacrifice her parents have made to give those jewels.
    Tel ur cousin to ask for her jewellery to wear when she go out for temple or a relatives house... Let her pretend that she donot know about the earring found in the dustbin..So she wil get a chance to ask about her earring to her sil's. see what they reply and act accordingly.

My personal opinion is days are gone when u give ur jewels to pil. Parents give us jewels for us to wear and as an investment for our future....This should change.. I know it is not possible in a fortnight... But still I wish

1 person likes this.
  3. Laxmi1980

Laxmi1980 Silver IL'ite

Meerakoushik, actually the earring was found by her FIL......He was asking everyone whose it was and then my cousin said it was her wedding earring.....It happened in the presence of all the relatives and they all know about it...Thankfully she controlled herself and did not react.......Some one must have intentionally done that but how can she ask someone directly and she wonders what could have been the purpose. It was really sad and shocking.

4. chocogal26

chocogal26 Platinum IL'ite

5. Twinkel

Twinkel Platinum IL'ite

[​IMG] really shocking... don't understand what to say... but get alerted, something is seriously wrong there.... :-(

6. meerakoushik

meerakoushik New IL'ite

Hi,

Then what I said cannot be done.. But tell her to be cautious.

7. beanstalk

beanstalk Gold IL'ite

Eitherit was truly a mistake, that the earring were thrown out with some other stuff while inlaws might have been opening and checking/taking stalk of what the bride got with things that might have been cleared and thrown out or somebody was trying to very cleanly get them out of the house. It was good that it was caught. It. Depends on whether they were still packed or not when found.

Tell your cousin to get full inventory from her mother and try to keep jewellery in her own locker rather than handingover to inlaws to be safe.

8. shruthipraveen

shruthipraveen Platinum IL'ite

Oops! Who would throw it out like that? If they are the greedy types, they would try to wear it themselves? I just don't understand.....but this is very shocking!

9. suganvijay

suganvijay Platinum IL'ite

Omg shocking!! I would say she should have a control of those jeweleries . After all it's a hard earned gift to her by her parents. It's ok to ask her in laws that she wanted her jewels so that she wanted to keep it in her safe and wear it whenever she wants. Am sure they have to give it to her!

10. Anvitha

Anvitha Moderator Staff Member Gold IL'ite

why everything is given to them? It will be with the bride and her relative who comes along generally.