1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Wedding day confession!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by mithy232, May 2, 2010.

1. kAlyaniShAnti

kAlyaniShAnti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mithy,

A very touching post expressing a child's agony in a turbulent family. I feel for you.

You know, this happens many of the children around us. As u said, it is true that no two persons in this world is identical and that adds variety and spice to life! The question is not whether the persons are like-minded, but whether they respect each others interests. Today I saw a beautiful, talented girl going to be married soon is so happy telling that 'there is no happiness that the joy when u have someone who understands u'. It is so true.

As a natural tendency human beings always search for happiness, but in their own ways. If these ways differ between the parents, the turmoil begins. At the beginning of a relationship, due to whatever reason most of us want to see the partner happy and be happy with the partner. So he or she appreciates each other much more, as they WANT to do that. However, thru the journey of life, the priority changes, we tend to take certain things for granted and possibly here the problem begins. The partners, though they still do understand each other, forget to express their feelings or just do not care to do so and slowly falls apart, bitterness creeps in as the expectations remain unfulfilled.

Please remember, My Dear Mithy, it causes tormentation not to the children alone, but equally, if not more, to the parents. They suffer because they are not happy with each other, they are not happy because they see their children getting affected because of this.

It is an equally helpless situation for the parents as well believe me.

There are a few responsible children like u who tries to mediate the situation hoping to improve it. It sometimes may not help, because it is not u, it is them who have to realise the root cause of the problem and feel the necessity to make it up.

Dear, it hurts, but u are not alone. U are one of those lucky, who has seen this from very close and knows the reasons which parts the parents and this will surely help u in ur married life.

And also thank ur parents they did not act selfishly to part their ways and leave u behind. As u rightly said, thanks to the wise parents to make it a family.

God bless u thru ur life

2. mithy232

mithy232 Silver IL'ite

sujathaumakanth :

Best wishes!!! Hope your parents understand someday and get back to love. :cheers
    Also I won't lose track. Instead I focus more on my life. :)

Godschild: Thanks for your appreciation. Hugs to you too :)

3. mithy232

mithy232 Silver IL'ite

kAlyaniShAnti,

Thanks for your feedback. :)

Yeah...I understand and thats why I try to help them.

100% true. I learnt many lessons from them on how to deal with the partner in marriage.

4. Radheshyam

Radheshyam Senior IL'ite

My heart goes out for you Mithy ! I feel bad that you are put in a situation which was not your fault in the making.
    At the same time, I would like to appreciate your positive thinking and spirit.
    I hope and pray that one day your parents will realize and overcome their differences. Save this snippet for that day! Now they will not understand; but on that particular day they will be so very proud of their daughter !

All the Best !! Let Almighty give you strength and peace to handle the situation.

Cheers!
    Radheshyam.

5. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Dear Mithy,
    I just don't know what to say. The undercurrent of pain and regret that pervades this post is most disturbing. No one should have to undergo such twinges when talking about parents. But who is to say what their perspective is and why they suffer such turbulence ?
    I hope and wish their differences are sorted out and you all find the happiness you deserve.

6. mithy232

mithy232 Silver IL'ite

Radheshyam, thanks for your words! :)

Lakshmi Ma'am, thanks for your feedback! :)

7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mithy,

First of all, let me inform you that this post has been nominated for the FP of the month by Custard!

Now, coming to your post, please remember that the predicament you face is not a unique situation. There must be thousands and thousands more like you. I know, that is no comfort, but just don't feel alone.

Unfortunately, marriages are like that only! At times, your partner is your best friend and soul mate and at others, he/she is the person you simply don't want to know. But we as a nation take our marriages seriously and we stay in it for good or bad till death us do part. I sincerely think your parents don't mean to cause misery to you, but they are unable to help themselves and lack the depth of thought or else, they may not have let it affect you.

I can only repeat what others have said here. Don't forget your own focus and stop worrying so much about your parents. They have made it through 25years and they will make another 25years, because, they can't live without their squabbles and need each other for that!!

You should learn from your experiences and I hope your own life is full of peace and love. Work towards that.

L, Kamla

8. mithy232

mithy232 Silver IL'ite

Thanks...Once again, I would like to thank Custard! She keeps encouraging me :cheers

Thanks for your feedback Kamla. I have been living with them all these years. I learnt to handle them well and also to keep focus on my life. When they got together on the wedding day, as a daughter I wished this should be a beginning to them. Hope my dreams come true one day :)

9. Pankajini

Pankajini Senior IL'ite

Dear Mithy it's so nice to know that you want your parents to have a life full with eachother's love, however you don't think they any longer have good feelings to share between them.
    To some extent I used to feel the same about my parents relationship but this was just my naive observation. When I was staying in hostel, once my mom had a severe fracture on her right arm in an accident and couldn't manage doing anything herself, but my father who never used to get himself a glass of water, took very good care of her. He even used to cook and clean house, he cared for her the way she does for him. I then realized that our parents don't know to express their emotions and feelings but they do love eachother. Their way of communication may be fights but when there's a need, they will stand by for eachother with respect and concern.

I wish you to find the complicated equation of love and care between your parents someday in a pleasant manner and I bet you will be amazed to know this truth.

Cheers Pankajini

10. mithy232

mithy232 Silver IL'ite

I am waiting for that beautiful day Pankajini. I want them to be happy! :)