Weather in Leh/ Ladakh for kids!

Discussion in 'Northern and Central Indian States' started by ManuSethi, Jun 19, 2012.

1. ManuSethi

ManuSethi Senior IL'ite

Hi,

Were planning a trip to Leh/ Ladakh next month. Can anyone guide us as to what will be the weather in these regions in July plus is the weather in Leh as well as Ladakh suitable for kids of age 4 and 8?

Actually, we have already made our bookings and then someone told us that there is lot of shortage of oxygen in these areas because of their altitude and it may not be the safe option to travel there especially with the kids.
    This information has left us in a fix and we wonder if we should travel there or not and even if we travel what all precaution do we need to take for a safe journey back home.

Thanks

2. VrittiK

VrittiK Senior IL'ite

Hi,

If you ask my opinion, I will never recommend going to leh /ladakh with so small kids. these places are at very high altitude and there is always a shorage of oxygen there...you never know how your kids will respond to that weather...its better to go to a children friendly destination if you want to enjoy your holidays and wait for them to grow up atleast above 15 years....

I know there are kids there too but those kids are born and habitual of that environment....I have a friend who went to Leh on her honeymoon and the very second day she has to be hospitalized for lack of oxygen and they came back in 4 days so its better to enjoy your holidays than the destination.