1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Wearing Black Thread on Left Wrist to Protect Marriage from Evil Eye

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by zipzipzoomzoom, Nov 11, 2012.

1. zipzipzoomzoom

zipzipzoomzoom Gold IL'ite

Hello,

There have been some misunderstandings in my marriage,and now that I realized the background story, I feel really bad for my husband.

My husband advised me to wear a black thread on my left wrist to protect from evil eye from people who are jealous we are married

1. People are jealous of my husband because he married US Citizen
    2. People are jealous of me because they thought I was too stupid to ever get married, let alone, get married to a handsome young man who has a kind heart

He told me to chant OM SAI RAM 21 times before wearing the black thread, then to chant OM SAI RAM 21 more times while holding the black thread.

Then I tied the black thread (from a sewing kit), around my wrist.

At one point, the knot got loose, so I simply tightened it. Is this ok, or do I need to get a new thread? Also, how often should I change the thread? And are there any other things I can do to protect my marriage.

I mean, I began to think positive early this year, I learned to think of God, and I believe that my positive thinking united me with my Darling Husband.

My husband says to ask him anything if something is bothering me, but I feel that because I nitpick, it may drive him crazy.

Can you married ladies give some advice.

I feel privileged and honored to marry this man. How to ensure happy married life. How to ensure that we still talk silly, romantic nonsense even when we have great-grandchildren.

Please help!!!!!!!

Edit: It is the respected elder who arranged this match that has been creating this misunderstanding. Unintentional, but based on how he sees the world. Not everyone sees the world a different way, but this elder has a lot of good, respectable qualities as well. If anyone else would have created the misunderstanding, I would have simply brushed it off.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2012

2. Naksh

Naksh Platinum IL'ite

You are cute. :)

It will be ok, you did chant the mantra already, and you did the same chant holding the thread again....meaning.....its in you now ..the power, aura. It will keep you n your marriage safe from everything n everybody. Dont worry. you need to have trust in it.

Tell him....if ever any misunderstandings happen b/w us...in life....which is normal...we shd forget them and not hold onto them. Lets follow this.

Best Wishes and Good Luck. :thumbsup

7 people like this.
  3. kAlyaniShAnti

kAlyaniShAnti IL Hall of Fame

Relax ! Be confident and open in your relation with you DH!
    No external factor can catalyse anything negative in your marriage if you two are clear and confident about it.
    God bless!

2 people like this.
  4. zipzipzoomzoom

Yes, I chanted OM SAI RAM 21 times before holding the thread, then I chanted OM SAI RAM 21 timese while holding the thread, then I tied it on my wrist.

about an hour later, I noticed I didn't tie the thread properly, so I tied it again even though the black thread was already on my wrist.

Should I remome the thread and do it again, or am I ok?

5. Tashsin

Tashsin Gold IL'ite

You are really cute..don't worry about u and DH just trust each other for everything..
    I hv no idea about thread..

1 person likes this.
  6. ars

ars Platinum IL'ite

Z4,
    I am happy to know your h is a religious person.
    Coming to the conflict I am glad you found out who the conflict creator was. Any conflicts created by others don't bring it into your marriage. No point in discussing to hear say words with h. When we live in a society it's natural to be surrounded by all kinds of people. Even relatives related by birth and blood don't think and do the same way as we do. As a couple you should be concentrating on each other. Don't let others judgmental words get inbetween the care and love you for each other.
    Coming to work explain to h how hectic it has gotten for you and you need his moral and emotional support until it gets better. Always find time everyday to
    have sweet calming moments with h.
    Coming to prayer, have a prayer alter in your house so you and h can keep the
    pictures of your favorite or family deity and follow the process of lighting the
    lamp etc. I always say the family that prays together stays together.
    Find your local temple, sai babha bajan group and attend together as a couple.
    You will both grow spiritually together.
    Coming to evil eye. It's very natural for all from new born baby to old get evil eye meaning Nazar. People don't mean any harm just they thinking are saying what a cute baby, couple etc can get the evil eye for you. Praying everyday twice a day at your prayer alter will solve the evil eye issue. Also tying the black thread will solve it too. Find a stronger thread maybe from temple or at craft stores and do the process your h said and both of you can tie it. When you remove the old one put it in a planted pot in your home.
    You can also buy evil eye magnet or other things just google about it. It's a Greek item. Some small carts which are in the malls carry them.
    All the best to you both and a very happy first Diwali.
    Prayer, patience and positive attitude will give you a happy marriage and happy home.

7. zipzipzoomzoom

Me too!

And this best part is, this person had no bad intentions, that I am 100% positive, but it my elder's perception, and my poor perception of myself that created this misunderstanding for my poor Darling Husband to have to defend himself and feel sad

I pray to God to keep our marriage strong, and that we love each other more and more as the years go by, and to give us strength to overcome any obstacles.

He's very good with that

Right now he is in India, because Visa process takes months and months ..... but we call each other every day, and chat on Internet

That's a wonderful idea. When he comes, we shall set this up. I'm still learning this process, it is quite fascinating, and helps me to calm down somewhat.....

I would love that. I love spending time with him. I am grateful to God for joining us in Holy Matrimony.

Interesting ..... even will-wishers can create Nazar. I know there were several people who were resentful of the fact that he was marrying a US citizen. Worse, there was a distant cousin who was interested in matrimonial alliance with me just to get US citizenship, but it didn't work out (and I didn't like him too much). Yet, when this distant cousin attended with his parents, and they were in my presence, I couldn't help but feel tensed .... perhaps they were wishing it is their son getting married to the person who has their ticket to USA, rather than someone else who may truly love me ....there were so many dynamics going on

Well, I keep paper flowers to decorate my room ..... perhaps I can keep the old thread there. When things clear up, and I am with hubby, we can also get real plants as well ....

I shall see this as well

Even though circumstances were hectic after marriage to the love of my life, I feel this is the best year, best holiday season ever. My Darling Husband is in my heart, and that makes life easier to bear.....

I agree!!!

8. ars

ars Platinum IL'ite

Z4,
    You are in an arranged long distance marriage. I am sure both of you have insecurities. Been there and done that. Dont feed your insecurities with 3rd person action or words. You have to give preference to know each other over your telephone conversations and chatting. Think more like you are dating. You should never be arguing, or discussing about hear say and about 3rd party. Please remember spoken words are like broken pearls you can't fix it or take your words back.
    All the best.

1 person likes this.
  9. zipzipzoomzoom

Definately!!!! That's why I'm trying to calm myself down. I've been surrounded with broken people from broken marriages, yet I know it is possible to have a long, happy, loving marriage - I just don't know how, I am slowly learning...

And this is coming from a person I respect very much, who actually found me my darling husband and said he is the one. And for the first time, I agreed!!!

Yes, that's how it feels. We chatted and talked over Internet before we did the traditional marriage ceremony with friends and relatives, and now we chatting and talking over Internet, phone even more. It does feel like dating.

I wasn't angry with him, I called him on the phone and just started crying for an hour, and he was trying to calm me down. Now he is going to all lengths to fix my misconception, but sometimes when he does something I didn't expect, I start to get worried, but I don't want to keep nagging him.....then I find out my understanding of the situation is wrong.......I don't want to overanalyze anything because it creates problems that didn't exist in the first place. I am trying to do my best......

10. zipzipzoomzoom

I am so guilty of this.

I am still getting to know my husband. Just now I noticed something and I freaked out. I tried to call him to sweetly ask him, but (fortunately), he was asleep.

Then, I tried to calm myself down and act normal, and wrote a message to him on Internet.

Now, I feel I over-reacted, and now I changed my mood and started writing comical things to him (he will see my messages when he wakes up in morning in India.....)

If he does something that I am puzzled by, I will sweetly ask him. And if it seems like I'm insecure, I'll ask him to forgive me and explain that we are both new in marriage and I've been surrounded by broken people from broken marriages (I told him this on our wedding night).

I believe he will be understanding because I am being honest with him and not hiding how vulnerable I feel......