1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Wealth From Waste

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by Dejon72, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Dejon72

Dejon72 New IL'ite

Dear Asha/Preethi,

Its great to get ideas from you all. Thanks a million. Now the only problem is i have so many great suggestions that I dont know what to do :-D

The charity part I just thought of. Denver (my son) goes to Carmel School which is run by the nuns. Its not a competition but a summer project.

Will keep you all posted.

I am happy to be here among all you guys.

Have a great day!

Anita

2. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hey,

I can c u running with coconut shells, wine bottles, cans, etc.... with messy hair, glues spread haha... worth the run... I am sure..........:yes:

3. Dejon72

Dejon72 New IL'ite

Hi Mals,

You're perfectly right............I can't figure it out:tongue

Anita

4. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Baby,

Just go with the coconut shell thing and finish it off..... Common....

5. asharao

asharao Senior IL'ite

Hi! Mals and Anita,

Just a suggestion.

Coconut shell I feel is the most common of them all.My son who is 11 now always wants to do what others are not doing.Every year they have a project in school like building bridges(in std 4),building Medieval Castles(in std 5) and a project on SADC countries in std 6.All these projects were displayed in the assemblies to all the parents by my son(they were only 2-3 displayed not all of them) because he tried to do it differently.Many Brits,Australians etc go to a carpenter and gets a perfect bridge or anything done.Its beautiful no doubt but it becomes a carpenters project not the child's.The mediaval castle was the best i feel.He took some clay which dries when aired and did it and while the clay was wet,he put sand on it.It looked authentic.Give the child to come up with his own creativity and sit with him for moral support as he's doing his project and then wait to watch what that little one will come up with.

Watch the kids come up with something classic.Anita,another idea.Wash the egg shells with soap powder and keep it clean.Let him paint on it.Jsut try it out.:yes:

Last edited: Aug 26, 2007
  6. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Thats true, spoon feeding leads to be spoon fed all his years...... Its better to let the child develop his own creativity and offer full support. Truly agree with asha........

7. sudhak90

sudhak90 Senior IL'ite

take tetrapacks to be thrown away. cut out top neatly . wrap a felt or velvet piece over it. decorate with lace, mirrors, sequins.-or even empty pista shells. adn lo!- A BEAUTIFUL PENCIL HOLDER IS READY!

8. asharao

asharao Senior IL'ite

That's a beautiful idea Sudha.

9. Dejon72

Dejon72 New IL'ite

Hi Everybody,

Yes, Asha what you say is very right I agree with that.

We are going with the lamp shade idea and paper bags. Gonna use a bottle as a stand and use clothes hangers which we get from the laundry to make a shade, some chart paper to cover it up and decorate with star etc. WIth regards to the paper bags its gonna be done with old newspaper and call outs like "save the world". I guess this is fine for a 7 year old & he can manage doing it with our help.

Cheers,
    Anita

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi Anitha,

Looks like you have settled on the project. yes with a little guidance and lot of encouragement, it is really going to work for your son. all best