1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Wealth From Waste

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by Dejon72, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Dejon72

Dejon72 New IL'ite

To All You Wonderful People,

Thoughts and Suggestion are welcomed.

I need to do a project for my 7 year old son who is in Standard II. We need to create something that projects this image "Wealth From Waste"

Await your feedback.

Regards,

Anita

2. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

You can reuse the shell of a coconut as a lamp. Adhere a small ring hold to the bottom of the shell with adhesive. Fill the shell with wax and use it as a lamp. Decorating the outer shell is up to your imagination / creativity.....

3. Dejon72

Dejon72 New IL'ite

Dear Mals,

Thanks! Thats a wonderful idea Easy, Simple & Innovative.

Regards,

Anita

4. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Malspie for you always............................. Fast is my nature... ................ cant wait...........................

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

One thing is scrape of the outershell. it will get a smooth sheen then the creativity in the form painting and all will look real good.

You can just pop out the three eyes in the coconut shell and make them as pencil holder/pen holder also.

You can just take a can ,pepsi/juice cans, cut out the opening, then use some tissues with pva glue an stick on the inside and outside sealing the top where it could be sharp. leave it to dry. then paint. use it as a knick knack holder.

6. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

More work on Coconut shell... A boon to humans is the Coconut Tree...........

7. Dejon72

Dejon72 New IL'ite

Thanks to all.

I will try and use the coconut shell and the pepsi can too.

What I think of the coconut shell is maybe we can make a few and sell them to generate some charity work too. Hope it works.

Cheers

Anita

8. asharao

asharao Senior IL'ite

Hi!

I use wine bottles for painting them and then use it as candle holders or Lamp shades(if the bottle is heavy and big).You can also use it as a flower vase.

Coffee containers(tins) etc can be painted on and use it as a pencil holder.Try it out.

All the news paper(not the glossy paper) can be soaked in water and can make papier mache and used as re-cycled paper (you can make frames for mirrors etc with papier mache).They look simple and elegant.

All the used up cloth from old clothes etc(the better pieces of cloth)can be collected together to make a nice patch work quilt.

Old greeting cards which are in the house can be used to make a collage or cards or letterpads etc.That'll come handy as a book cover also.Just cut the picture from the card and stick it to make a cover for a letter pad.

Try these out and if I can think of anything else,I'll put it out here again.

Regards,

Asha

Last edited: Aug 25, 2007
  9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi anita,

You are welcome. Is the project to be done by the student or is it for charity. then we could think and come up with more.

10. preethi27

preethi27 Senior IL'ite

Wealth From Waste!!

This competition was held in my college days too. I got 3rd prize for it. My friend got 1st prize for doing paper bags in newspaper & with the cap of soft drinks he attached a stick to it & named as coconut grater.

I did a doll with egg shell & coconut shell. And I took a empty soft drink bottle & filled a colour kolam maavu one by one & at last I kept a plastic flower in it. It was a excellent flower vase.

Actually all my friends were expecting 1st prize for me, bcos the doll & the flower vase were so cute. But I didnt. The reason is, the topic wealth from waste means we should do with the waste things only. I used cotton as dress & used black wool as hair for the doll. But my friend didnt use anything extra. Pl make this as a important note.

I wish U all the very best & inform us Ur result too!!

Love
    Preethi