Weakly positive result on HPT

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by NaveenaSasi, Feb 8, 2013.

1. NaveenaSasi

NaveenaSasi Gold IL'ite

Hi ladies out ther,

For the past few days I'm in a totally confused state which made me start this thread to get things cleared..

I have been married for almost a year and post marriage my cycles have become irregular.. Infact one or 2 months I have missed it too.. On getting negative results with HPT, I consulted a doctor inorder to regularise my cycle.. For the next 2 months my cycle was regular(30 days).

But now my cycle seems to have become irregular again(my due date is Jan 23rd). I did a HPT again and I can see a very very faint line in the test region.. My mom asks me to take up a sensitive HPT after a week again then consult a gyn.. My frnd says therz something called a 'weakly postive result' due to insufficient levels of HCG.. If it so, will it affect in any way ? Has anybody faced this ever ? Are ther any possibilities that I am pregnant ? totally confused as to wat to do now.. I am not having annnnyyy signs of getting periods though.. Kindly give me some suggestions.. Waiting for all ur replies..

2. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Check after a week, and see whether the line is think or not. You suppose to have 2 lines, right?

3. NaveenaSasi

NaveenaSasi Gold IL'ite

Yeah one line obviously is ther.. The second line is a very faint line.. As u said, I ll check after a week.. Thanks for ur response SGBV..

4. Poonamk1

Poonamk1 Silver IL'ite

There is a good chance that u r pregnant.. repeat the test tomorrow with first urine in the morning.. or u can do a "beta HCG" blood test..

All the best..

5. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

Hi
    I had the same faint line and have a DD now. High chances are there. Take good rest and relax. no tension please.

6. lochu

lochu Gold IL'ite

Faint line is also +ve congrats .Try the first urine in the morning

7. ttcbindu

ttcbindu Junior IL'ite

Hi naveena,
    I am back. I had some problem with my id.so I registered again. Yeah, I got your mail.so you have few more days to wait..
    today is my 39th day..I would like to test in a couple of days.

Do you have any symptoms? I feel really tired.feels like iam pregnant..hope its not just themind playing trick on me again.

I have a daughter,4yr old. Getting pregnant with her was easy as a breeze.we deceided and got pregnant the same month.
    Will this be your first baby?

Wishing you all the best,
    bindu

8. ttcbindu

ttcbindu Junior IL'ite

Hi naveena,

How are you...
    I guess I have a mail from you. But I cannot read the private msg's as I do not have the minimum number of posts/ month.

I did the HPT yesterday.. there was a very faint second line..
    I want to do another after a week, but my hubby said..no, he thinks I am already loosing my mind over this. He said stop thinking too much about this..let's see if you will get your next period and we will take it from there.:coffee

How are things on your side?
    Take care
    Bindu

9. NaveenaSasi

NaveenaSasi Gold IL'ite

Hi Bindu,

Ya I sent u a PM.. How many days is it past ur due date now ? I think it will be appropriate to test on 45th day.. Test again after a week or so.. I wish it should be a bold line next time :) What are the symptoms u faced ? I am waiting for Apr 7th.. dats wen I am gng to do HPT.. until then fingers crossed..

Wishing all the baby dust to u.. :)

10. NaveenaSasi

NaveenaSasi Gold IL'ite

Bindu reply to my mail once u reach 10 posts count.. I guess u have one more to go ;-)