We, senior citizens are worth a fortune !

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by Chitvish, Jun 17, 2006.

1. purnima_2k

purnima_2k Senior IL'ite

Everyone grows old!

This snippet is not only for older people, in IL as we grow older we certainly become younger. This is a nice example forthat. CV is cool isnt she???...

Purnima

2. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

You are as old as you feel

Dear Chitra,
    You always come out with beautiful snippets.
    As for old age, I think it’s a second blooming that comes when you finish the life of the emotions and of personal relations; after the age of (say) fifty or more. Its like a whole new life has opened before you, its up to an individual to consider it old age and fade away or take it as a new life (like you did).
    We “less senior” citizens definitely agree with you & never jealous of the old. We all know that we are all in the queue & definitely would like to add life to the years than add years to life.
    As for me, I envy, admire, follow, idolise senior citizen like you who spread such goodness among the community. Pls be assured that you definitely are worth a fortune .

3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Hello Purnima !

Thankyou for the message. In spite of your young age, you are so appreciative, God bless you !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

4. Chitvish

A few more advantages for a senior citizen !

Dear Meena,
    Last night a friend phoned at 9 PM & asked me if she woke me up ! I was surprised ! She thinks we sleep by 8, perhaps.
    My arthritic knees can predict rain more accurately than Chennal Meterological Service !
    I can live without the three lettered word, but need my glasses desparately !
    I am no longer viewed as a hypochondriac !
    When we have so many points in our favour, who would'nt like to grow old ?
    This is all for others, Meena ! I am only 28, like how Sridhar says !!
    At your service, my young friend,
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Meenaprakash

...I simply loved your phrase... would like to add life to the years than add years to life.................beautiful!

L, Kamla

6. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Chitra,

I dont think you are eligible to join the senior citizens category...at léast not for a few ore years! So why the first person....?
    You will put the youngsters to shame , what with your zealous cooking energy, or sharing soooooo much with IL family always.....i dont see half the spirit and enthusiasm or motivation in them, so if THIS is Old Age or being Senior Citizen, i also want a membership immediately! Its seems to be so much more fun !:tongue

7. Chitvish

Sudha, you are too kind !

Dear Sudha,
    When I joined I L & was asked to write a self introduction, I claimed myself to be a senior citizen. I thought that will help me command respect. But, to my surprise, the love & affection I get from the I L ites is so very much, that my age accepted defeat & has agreed to descend ! When there is abundance of love, who wants anything else in life ?
    You made my day, dear Sudha !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

8. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Chitra,

Don't put me to shame by saying ..."you made my day!" (i have just done it once for u!) You are the one who is doing it everyday for us here in IL , by just being there and giving so much love....following Hugo's words to the dot!
    All i will say is just be there for us and share and we dont really care if u r a senior citizen or not...anyway we all seem to be calling you only Chitra which itself shows that we all feel one with u....and that makes me wonder sometimes, if i meet u in person will that spoil this easy camaraderie we seem to share....will our presence and personality come in the way .....well lets see!:roll: ;-)

9. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Wow article

Hi Mrs C,

That was one nice article and am loving the Victor Hugo quote. Senior citizens add so much substance to a community, they are invaluable to the creativity of any society. I am sure you are the youngest at heart and spirits here in IL.

And guess what, one of the most favoured activities of senior citizens these days is blogging. When I read this article (http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/n/a/2005/11/09/financial/f215536S77.DTL), I immediately recalled you and only you.

Had it not been for you, who would have taught us ancient recipes like kunukku, nettukottai pachadi etc among nava nagarikam ones like moussaka and mocktails. Three cheers to you and your work!

love & regards
    Vidya

10. Chitvish

Meet everyone of you, I must !

Dear Sudha,
    So far the I L ites I have met are Sridhar, Varloo & Laxmi. I was myself amazed at the " camaradarie" we shared as though we were long lost friends. It was a wonderful experience for me. Then how can it be any different when we meet ?
    Let me enjoy meeting you also at the earliest.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.