1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

We Pay For Our Actions

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by ChennaiExpress, May 7, 2018.

1. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

I know IL has said focus on the future, don't worry about getting married, just be happy in the moment.

I know that, I just feel very weak right now.

My dad has said that he still has hope and optimism for the future, but now, he has very little hope.

When I mentioned prospects of me getting married in India, he got extremely upset. It is my hope that I can find a US-based job there. Really acclimate myself there, get accustomed to things, bring out the best of both worlds. Honestly, India is far from perfect, but I feel more familiar watching Indian programs, news, even Crime Patrol. Can you imagine!

How I miss the days when we did matrimonial alliance. Even though I rejected most matches because
    1. I didn't need them
    2. I didn't want them
    3. Subconsciously, I though marriage was torture because of what I witnessed

At least I was with my Dad and his health was much better than it is now.

Now, when my Dad is calling me to do something, at least I think to myself, "at least my Dad is alive right now".

My Dad is my strength. I only got hope when he says he has hope for future and is optimistic.

Now my Dad says he is having chest pains and it is radiating to arm and leg. He doesn't want to go to Emergency Room (they make things much worse, considering my Dad's other health issues, plus ERs are so rushed, lot of med students on little sleep trying to do the work of God).

He is taking several baby aspirins though, and tomorrow I am going to get earliest Cardiologist appointment for him.

But when my Dad says that he has little hope that killed me. When I tried to talk to him about it, he said that he is more hurt that I am mentioning this to him, and he wants to be left alone.

Long time ago I was irritated that my Dad was pursuing matrimonial matches for me, and I wanted nature to take its course, i.e. if I find someone good, otherwise it is ok.

Now, I only pray that let something good and positive happen while my Dad is still alive.

Honestly, for past 2 weeks, I lost motivation in exercising (still watching my food intake and portions).

Right now, my brain is so scattered and I am asking God to be in my life.

I am wondering what terrible sins we have committed that we are now paying for. I just pray if God cannot forgive us for what we've done, at least let us work out our Karmas.

But please God, stay in every nook, corner and cranny in our lives.

shravs3 and messedup like this.

2. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

CE I don't know what plans god has made for you but I know whosoever know about you in IL pray for you. Don't lose hope. Morning comes after the darkest night. Just remember that and trust god. May you get much much better life ahead.

ratan, ChennaiExpress and shravs3 like this.
  3. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

CE, Do your job with 100% dedication. Rest is not in our hand. If you are seriously considering getting married to a man of Indian origin, add your profile to any matrimony sites like bharatmatrimony or shaadi.com etc. Initiate from your side if you like any profile [ I came to know about my dh this way. My parents were totally unaware of the internet options that time. So I did it my self as I know that it's not easy to get suitable matches that easily with full horoscope match ( parents were strict about it) when you are over educated in Indian standards with above average height]. Like you it was not an easy journey for me and I know how stressed my parents were that time. I was also not ready to marry someone just for the sake if it. But everything happened in right time.

Do you have any plans to consider person from your location. Don't know what options you have. It is natural to get disappointed when everything don't work in our way. But don't allow it to lower your spirit or positive attitude. Things will happen right time destined for us. If you are religious, try to pray or meditate every day. That may give you some strength. Focus your career and hobbies. Be busy. Take care of yourself very well and live the moment. It's life, there will be ups and downs, good days and bad days... But take everything with a sportsman spirit. Be positive. So cheer up girl. Best wishes

Last edited: May 7, 2018
    ratan, uniquename, VinuthaS and 2 others like this.
  4. ChennaiExpress

Thank you for your heartfelt prayers.

Now when I hug my Dad I give a full, long hug till he says "go, go!"

Each hug is priceless.

uniquename and messedup like this.
  5. ChennaiExpress

I read and re-read your post couple of times.

The thought of placing ad on Indian matri site put a lump in my throat. So many emotions ran through me. My Dad and I tried years ago and it caused so much discord when I would entertain even a half-decent guy (now that I look back)

I will somehow have to make space for this. And take deep breath.

Painting and Indian serials (esp silly comedy) is what keeps me going.

messedup likes this.
  6. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

It should be done like your parents posted it for you , not you. So interactions should be formal. We should be mature enough to handle many bad people. Dont entertain people who are there for some other purpose and do not encourage any personal level interaction (chat) till we reached a point where we are ok to proceed. Back ground check is a must later. Anyway, good luck op

ChennaiExpress likes this.
  7. ChennaiExpress

Thank you so much.

When I'm ready I'll post as if my parents are posting...

uniquename likes this.
  8. uniquename

uniquename Senior IL'ite

You are going in the right direction.... do your duty to your father and yourself.... we don’t know what is in our future but I believe that if you take action to achieve your desires... you will get some result and will know that you have tried all avenues and who knows, you may be posting some good news ....

9. ChennaiExpress

Awesome!!!

How much I would love to post good news!

10. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

CE....this should not be taken lightly .
    You should take him to a doctor for this.

ChennaiExpress likes this.