We must learn to accept situations (Gita 2.13 & 2.14).

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Malathi,
    Your feedback is very interesting to read.
    Though the needle points towards us very often,we must be always ready to accept that sometimes there can be no direction for the needle as well, when the Law of Karma plays a part !
    Thanks.
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. Chitvish

Dear Veda,
    Break ke baad aye hain ! Dhanyawad!!
    Yes, only change is constant, there is no denying it !
    Well, Veda, I do not quite agree with your second paragraph. As we proceed indepth, we will understand better. Mukthi is the stage, when grief or sorrow or happiness nomore bother you.
    Don't bother if you have understood or not. You are making an attempt to understand which is a very good beginning !
    Please stay tuned.
    Love,
    Chithra.

3. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Chits,

OH!!! The Title "We must learn to accept Situations" is very easy to read but difficult to take it in our system.

Sometimes we stand apart and remain unaffected, whilst sometimes we break down like its the end of life. That keeps most of us wondering why can't we be constant, why is this aloofness and attachment later.

Yes, sorrow is created by human mind, there is nothing like sorrow, like there is nothing like happiness. If a situation is moving at the pace which we have decided we get elated, but, the moment it slows down we feel sad.. We do not see that its MOVING and not stand still. We do not look at it from a brighter perspective and curse ourselves, the environment, the karmas for which we are undergoing that sorrow and at times God too.

A very good topic Chits.. as always you hit on the best subjects of this universe...Its called Intelligent Thinking...

4. Chitvish

Dear Malsuma,
    Your FB puts in simple words, what I have tried to convey !
    But I always think we must learn to go through grief, sorrow etc & be done with them.
    We cannot avoid or postpone unpleasant situations forever in life.
    Mals, I am just elaborating what I understood from Gita.It is not my intelligent thinking at all. How can I lap up credit when I deserve not even a fraction of it ?
    Thanks for your continued support for my culture thread posts.
    Love,
    Chithra.

5. padmasowrirajan

padmasowrirajan Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitra,
    I have been trying to catch up with your culture posts. I listen to Gita discourse by Swamy Velukkudi krishnan in Podigai. Its a treat to my ears, and reading your post its a treat to my eyes. Our senses used properly doesn't give us trouble at all. so, i am happy God gave me perfect vision and hearing.

Sorrow, it's got no discrimination. All of us in our life come across situations where we feel "why am i born?" "why is it only me?" . But little do we realise that its only by heating the iron rod it can be wrought to desired shape. Every wrong or bad situations in our life teach us a lesson. Happiness and Sorrow are two sides of coin, if we toss, the probablity of getting head or tail is only one. But the fact is, the coin is only a metal which cannot realise by itself what does head or tail means. Atma is the metal, untouched by happiness or sorrow, it experiences only ParamAnandham.

I would like to mention here Anna's quoting. He usually says, if one suicides when he is troubled or grief-stricken, he will not be there to enjoy the goods he is destined in his life. So, we have to accept our life's way which is predetermined hy Him.

6. Chitvish

Dear Padma,
    Welcome to my thread !
    Velukkudi is "never miss" for all of us, I think !
    Besides thanking our senses for perfect vision & hearing, we must thank God for giving us the inclination to learn about this subject ! That is of prime importance, agree?.
    Instead of asking ourselves" Why, only me?", we should train to ask for ourselves
    " Why not me?" !
    Thanks for your F B.
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. ramanpreet

ramanpreet New IL'ite

dear Chitra
    I have not been active as far as mails were concerned because my dad passed away suddenly. Your article today made me reinforce my faith in Gita's shlokas. Yes we evolve and get much more mature after such a pain as personal loss.We have to learn to accept situations and face them. There's no way you can escape them.for the moment it seemed that life has stood still, topsy-turvy and theres nothing to look forward to. But i realisedthat time as well as everything moves on.Accepting situations means you have grown up.
    Raman

8. Chitvish

Hello Raman,
    Please accept my sympathies on your loss.
    Yes, it is an evolution happening in us. We realise that life has to go on and ultimately come to terms with the loss, call it, the inevitable.
    Regards,
    Chithra.

9. Aarthibhuvan

Aarthibhuvan Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitra Mam,

From the day i joint IL, i have been reading your articles. So many times i have been surprised by your knowledge on religion, slokar , etc, etc........

I have learnt a lot of slokas from your articles and have been teaching my daughter also.

Lot of valuable informations and meanings ( which i was never aware ).

Thank you mam for your valuable service.

regards,
    Aarthi

10. Supri

Supri Silver IL'ite

The second chapter can never be read enough. After Arjuna surrenders to the Lord (2.7), Krishna's advice brings in so.. much of peace and understanding of the world that we live in.

I however feel that for a beginner who is studying the Bhagavad Gita, learning Vedanta helps in understanding BG more easily.

The Chinmaya Mission offers an online course Called E-Vedanta. The e-mail id is vedantacourses@chinfo.org.

The course lasts for a yr - With 2 lessons per month. At the end of each lesson u have to answer a test which is mailed back to them and corrected and sent back to u along with the next lesson. the course costs around Rs.1000/-. I have done 6 months of it and it is v.good.