We miss you Singapore..Long lasting Memories!

Discussion in 'Places & Events in Singapore' started by umaraj23, Feb 21, 2008.

1. joshila

joshila Bronze IL'ite

Re: I MISS s'pore!!!

ya lakshmi....true ...even me after seeing India & so called US......We both miss s'pore very badly ....it was really heaven ....so lakshmi which part r u frm ? I lived in bt.batok ....still waiting to get bac ther e:D

Kavya....if ur thinking abt moving to S'pore i wld say u can look fwd in doing so ......becos my hubby is also into compus, thou they say asian work culture is not as its in US...true it does not hv this flexi timings & work frm home concept ..but still its not that taxing as it wld be to work with indian companies....life was cool out there .....also ur earnings might not be as high as its here BUT ur savings are definetely more there ......thats the key ......
    so ultimately u have better savings & better life there than in US.......Bow

2. umaraj23

umaraj23 Senior IL'ite

Hey

U have found a same friend rowing the same boat...I am in Chicago. How abt u?
    Though its a great country...the lively Singapore...cannot be compared....

I miss Singapore tooo

3. joshila

joshila Bronze IL'ite

hey....ya ....singapore singapore than....I live in new jersey thou admist an indian community still.......something missing :confused: how long are you in US?

4. umaraj23

umaraj23 Senior IL'ite

Was in San Francisco a year and now in Chicago for three months. But nothing beats MRT + Tekka + Orchard Rd + Dhoby Gaut. N talk abt da opportunity to work....jeez...bonk

N how you find New Jersey?

5. joshila

joshila Bronze IL'ite

ya uma ...
    true ....s'goon was jus being in india, orchard was too good for shoppping ......ya all places arestill fresh in memory ....:crazy nothing can beat that life....ya working esp for expats was always soooooo easy unlike here ....anyway NJ has vast indian community & thats the only reason we r still sticking arnd ...but for that theres nothing here .....:spinshd say in there lang " life sucks " ...pretty boring ....

6. umaraj23

umaraj23 Senior IL'ite

Dear Joshila

Don't worry you have got a good fellow singaporean buddy here in States. Welcome to the land of dreams. Hey you remember those times when we watch in Ch 5, all da sitcoms and dreamt of US. The grass is always greener at the other end.

I keep in touch through vasantham central website. Oli fm has limited its site to Singaporean users. There is also mediacorptv but I have got no patience to buy & watch online.

Are you employed? Next week I will be flying off for my graduation so m idle at home till then. .You know how busy we were slogging in Singapore 9 to 5..staying idle is never in our books..but what to do...US has its own rules...

Till then power to the giddika (hope you remember n I spelt it right)Big Laugh

7. joshila

joshila Bronze IL'ite

I Miss SG :( & feel little J abt the ILites there:D

hi all ILites in SG.....:hiya
    my name is joshila.:)..I was living in sg frm '03 till '06 ..."I LOVED IT :crazy"....no words to say abt that place....but bac then I didnt know many in sg nor was a member of indusladies:roll:....still I loved that place & still growing to love that place more after seeing all ur chat .:eek:mg:..( hehehe...i was browsing thru all the ealrier posts here )hmm..sounds like when I return to SG am going to make a lot of friends ...hahhaa...
    even till date I keep talking abt sg to my friends here & keep telling them thats the best mix of east & west which no other place can meet...hope am right....:2thumbsup:
    so jus started this thread to say a hi to all out there & to keep myslef updated abt the place so won't miss much when I return this year end ...geeee:spin:spin

a new friend
    joshila

8. SBRose

SBRose Bronze IL'ite

Re: I Miss SG :( & feel little J abt the ILites there:D

Hi Joshila !

:yes: S'pore is a great place for living ! If we have friends around, it will be more fun... Keep in touch :cheers

Love Loads,

9. joshila

joshila Bronze IL'ite

yes ..sure Rose...hope i'm right with ur name !!:D i used to live in bt. batok wonderful n'borhood ...how abt u ?

10. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Joshila,

I know exactly how you feel. I lived there long back... well in 2000 and that too only for little over a year. Even that short time i fell in love with the city. It's so close to India as well... that's another advantage. I too stop by Singapore forum in IL. I'm awaiting the day we'll relocate to SG and I already have many friends through IL:)

Latha