1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

"we Are The Fighters Not Losers”

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sindhugowtam, Aug 23, 2017.

1. sindhugowtam

sindhugowtam Gold IL'ite

Hello Everyone

I don’t Know what Got into my Mind, but the thing is I m soo pissed with this Environment for Women in our Society.

Okay I will come to the Point.

The Thing is today early in the Morning I read one cover story in the Week Magazine, which is old one (November, 2016 edition) about the Gender Discrimination in Judiciary.

Before reading this story, I have a different perspective on this profession. I thought Women are well established in law firm and they have the equal rights with men to takeup the cases of their wish. But I m fully wrong.

Even Now, Women in the Profession of Law are facing difficulties, abuses and what not!

Women got rights to practice law in the year 1922, but still today it’s lacking

After reading this statistics you will also feel the same:

· Only one woman judge—Justice R. Banumathi—in the Supreme Court as against 25 male judges.

· Only six women have been appointed as judges of the apex court till now.

· The 24 High Courts in the country have only 64 women judges compared to 557 male judges, and there is not a single woman judge in eight High Courts.

· It took more than four decades after independence for a woman to be appointed as a Supreme Court judge.

· A woman was appointed to the High Court only in 1959. At no point have there been more than two women judges in the Supreme Court.

Not only that, NO female bearer is in the Bar Council of India and NO Women has ever become Chairman or Vice- Chairperson of the Bar Council of India.

Can you guys imagine how biased society we are in?

There is also Another Issue of Sexual Harrasements of Women in the field. Yeah everywhere women are going through this Harrasements, but the thing is “Women who are fighting for others Justice are themselves not getting it”.

Today there are many women related colleges & Universities who are offering law courses.

We have institutions everywhere to “Empower Women” and to make them grow stronger in every aspect.

But this makes things better to acknowledge women in our Society?

Whatever the reason is We women are facing many challenges in our Life. Though gender bias, Abuses, Sexual Harrasements are going on in our life, we Women should withstand to fight against that.

I believe someday (may be that day may come after another 70 years) we get our rights, until then we should Fight without losing Hope

“We are the Fighters Not Loosers”.

Thank u

[​IMG]

Below the link can find the full article of the Gender Discrimination in Judiciary
    Gender discrimination in the Indian Judiciary

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017

2. Adu07

Adu07 Gold IL'ite

It's sad.... but the scenario is same everywhere.. Justice is not available in the court of justice for WOMEN!!

Nicely pointed out buddy!!

3. Adu07

Adu07 Gold IL'ite

“Women who are fighting for others Justice are themselves not getting it”.

*powerpacked Sindhu.. love the line!!

teenulahari likes this.
  4. sindhugowtam

sindhugowtam Gold IL'ite

Thank u Yar...,

Adu07 likes this.
  5. Smileyshravs

Smileyshravs Silver IL'ite

This Line showing the whole scenario..
    Nicely Written..
    Waiting for your future parts....
    All the Best..

sindhugowtam likes this.
  6. sindhugowtam

sindhugowtam Gold IL'ite

Thank u Sravani

Smileyshravs likes this.
  7. teenulahari

teenulahari Gold IL'ite

Dear Sindhu,
    Gender Discrimination in Legal profession-I never thought about this before and the facts u have mentioned are really surprising. Yes, like u said we have many institutions, colleges etc. etc. to empower women but I feel that making gender sensitization compulsory right from the schools could help in normalizing this gender bias and also at homes we should sensitize our children about gender from a young age.
    Thanks for bringing up such a nice topic for discussion Sindhu:clapclap: and thanks for the link..will go through it.

Love
    Teenu.

8. sindhugowtam

sindhugowtam Gold IL'ite

Thank u for your Support teenu...,:biggrin:

9. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

A lot is written and spoken about this subject . Women have advanced , but still not fully or enough . It will take time .
    Women cannot break through in one particular sector or department . The progress has to be over all , in all fields .
    As you say , lets not lose hope . Someday , surely we , or our daughters , will get our due .

sindhugowtam likes this.