1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

We Are Nothing Without Our Past

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by HariLakhera, Oct 25, 2020.

1. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid Platinum IL'ite

I felt the same way what you have mentioned each and every word. I want to be a better parent to my offspring than my parents. I recollected those emotional memories and tried to implement, but never worked most of the times. Then I realised nothing is in my control. I do my duty as Gita said and leave the result to the divine.

joylokhi, Thyagarajan and HariLakhera like this.
  2. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

(I agree in toto. Being human needs success story.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Try what we may, our past good or bad, lives with us. We may not be very possessive/obsessive of it but it still lingers.
    As parents, we did everything in our control to give a better life to our children and in some cases become what we wished but could not. It was a duty. At the same time, we can not blame our parents for something we lacked because they too had some limitations, unless otherwise proved.
    At the same time, our past has influenced a lot in whatever we are today. So, we cannot forget or wish it away.