1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

We Are Growing

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, May 21, 2021.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

We don’t talk about trees getting older, we say they are growing. Let’s use the same language for ourselves. We are not getting older, we are growing. ~ Sue Fitzmaurice.

Always pray to have eyes that see the best in people, a heart that forgives the worst, a mind that forgets the bad, and a soul that never loses faith in God.

Success in relation is never depend on the size of ur brain ,It always depend on the size of your thoughts .

If you can see a positive side to everything, you’ll be able to live a much richer life than other.

I was thinking of getting old, about people etc. and in google I got these above quotes . Of late I feel I am getting older , as the above quote says I am growing and learning so much at this age and that too from the younger generation. An idle mind is a devil's workshop, which is so true. At times my mind thinks too much and I get wor That's why I try to keep myself busy so that there is no unnecessary thoughts in my mind which will make me feel sad.

My weakness is I come to conclusions very fast. Unless we step into others shoes we dont know their problems. Its very true that we should see the positive side of everything then we can be happy and peaceful. When someone does not talk to me I feel they are not the same , instead of waiting for them to come and talk I should go and talk to them. Sometimes it is better to be quiet , silence is golden.

Yumna and messedup like this.

2. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

You are a hoot !! :roflmao:
    Most people cannot get to any conclusions ever!! It is called conclusion-constipation, and there is no laxative for that at all !!

A number of IL members keep on posting about abusing husbands, and what they ought to do about that... and then they take all the advice from many experienced members who had domesticated the beast, and still go on without reaching any conclusion.
    Don't hold yourself back. We all give feedback based on our own experience with life. You should too. Just tell them how you feel about whatever the problem someone posts on the IL forum.
    The forum serves to help members with problems as well as members with possible solutions looking for problems. If someone is bottling up all the good counsel they could write on the forum, that would not be good at all. It would increase the emotional pressure.... which is like blood pressure but involves unexpressed emotions.

Feel Free, and let them see what and how you feel..

iyerviji likes this.
  3. iyerviji

Thanks for your feedback

4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Dear @iyerviji
    Kudos to you. Nicely produced another “wisdom page” and posted here for your brethren. Sure this type of activity also keeps us young in mind. I enjoyed reading it.

When children grow up it is ok. When I grow up now am toldam getting old.

When aged not behaving befitting their age, one tend to address them, “grow up please”. I hear so often from my spouse!

We come to a room for a purpose. But “ ayyo “ - we forgot for what we came to the room but we remember from where we came “here” and go back there to know what thought came up there that brought us to this room!

It is nature’s way of exercising limbs of the growing old category to make them feel that they are in their prime”.

OMG! I did not start feeling “growing” old until some women, few ladies and cute boys & young girls addressed me, "sir".

Growing old is more of a feeling than any other thing that is supposed to cause it.
    Is it diet? Or forgetting Names moment after one meets them or and no more looking good with those physical virtues.

“If none looks at me believing am real old, to make them look at me, probably I must just carry a gun” - I read this line in some limerick. Forget others looking at me with coyness! The moment gun is in my hand, I would naturally look trim & command, turn young to match with the gun!

I am past my prime, Yes a gun in hand , that way I shall command them to have a look at me regardless of my “looks”.

But alas! Unfortunately, all of the stress and anxiety caused by COVID-19 has made me and my pals maintaining healthy lifestyle that much more difficult. Since the pandemic began, getting worse sleep, many of my friends have been eating a less healthy diet, and few reported drinking more alcohol.

Few of my friends reported losing their train of thought many times per day.
    A few of my cronies older than I, frequently my name as they talk to me on their mobile! At times am termed as “ Tube Light” when I need a few moments to remember significant days like spouse birth day, her & me wedding day etc.

As long as one is aware and mind of his or her ‘hip & cool’....there is no question of growing old but only wiser and youthful - avers the science of ageing aka Gerontology.

iyerviji and messedup like this.
  5. iyerviji

Thankyou bro for your detailed response
    and sorry for the delay in replying

6. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

I would say we are getting younger. The day of reckoning is approaching and we will take rebirth as a newborn. So enjoy to repeat the cycle again and again.

iyerviji likes this.
  7. iyerviji

Thanks for your lovely feedback

8. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

Step into those shoes, and respond like you are walking a mile in them shoes. There are so many harangues of young people in the IL forum posts that totally deserve some of us old people to [put on the shoes of young people and] respond the way we think is fit. I want all these posters in this thread claiming to be old to go and post opinions on this thread: Vismaya Dowry Death.

OK... disclaimer time...[don't bother with how old I really am] I take a whole bunch of multivitamins everyday. I am like a house of cards... without those vitamins, I would collapse.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  9. iyerviji

Thanks for your feedback