We are expecting our first child and am decorating the room myself.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by chaipastor, Aug 14, 2015.

1. chaipastor

chaipastor New IL'ite

We are expecting our first child and am decorating the room myself. What all furniture is needed and where do I get it all?

2. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations on your pregnancy.

A cot for the baby is the most useful one. Drop side cots have been deemed too dangerous in the west; a good idea would be to buy a cot which can become a bed as the child grows.

You will need a wardrobe for the child to store all the child's paraphernalia - clothes, toys, books etc. will hurtle into your home at an astounding pace.

Apart from this, everything else is optional. A changing station would be nice but you can just as easily change on any surface with a baby mat underneath.

Nappy disposal unit will be helpful to keep nappy smells at bay for most part.

Carry cot, moses basket etc. are very cute but quite useless after 3 months.

A rocking chair for nursing would be very useful for you. You can always make do by monopolising your favourite living room chair too...

3. raya888

raya888 New IL'ite

The most practical to get would be a crib. I used mine until my child turned 2. All others, is not that useful in my opinion.