1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

We acquire knowledge from Education or from Experience

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Nov 19, 2015.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

We acquire knowledge from Education or experience. I think olden days people acquired knowledge through experience. They were not much educated. Life teaches us so many things through different sources. When we meet people and talk to them we gain knowledge from them. Now a days Education is a must because of education only get good jobs , also girls when they want to get married they see whether the person is highly educated, one degree is not enough for them , after graduation also they study more so that they get a good job and they dont want ordinary jobs but job with a high position. When we go for jobs also they see whether we have experience.

Only some are talented that they learn in schools while the teacher teaches only. My son was like that for him the message goes to his head immediately the Teacher teaches and he used to study lot of books also. When I was in School I used to byheart my lessons, that was not enough but that time did not understand. My parents were also not educated, so had to take the help from brothers but instead of teaching they will ask questions which was difficult to answer, so better learn by ourselves. I was very fond of Maths so before the Teacher could teach I used to learn from the examples, me and my best friend used to study together and wanted to get excellent remark from the teaher.
    We acquired knowledge through the guidance of from parents, role models, college/University teachers and life experiences.

When we were children our parents guided us because we did not know much about life. Now a days parents are well educated so they are able to teach the children . But some prefer sending the children to classes as they dont study propelry at home. Every parents want their children to be smart but all children are not much talented. We should know where they are lacking and train them in that . A child should have confidence in himself. Parents shoiuld support their children and guide them, instead of finding fault with them and comparing them with other children

We should have a Role Model from whom we can learn so many things. This helps us to have interest in education and thereby we gain knowledge. For me my brother was my Role Model , he was a very good planner and do everything systematially, also he never like gossips, while writing letters he used to say it should be sweet and short , letters should be written only to convey the message he used to say. While working some of my bosses were Role Models and I learnt so much from them. They were very systematic and perfect and I was glad I had the opportunity to work under them.

Reading books is also a better way to gain knowledge. In IL also we get opportunity to learn from others threads. When I post a thread I learn more from the feedbacks because some of the things which I wanted to write but could not express is expressed in the feedbacks. Only having knowledge is not enough we should know how to put it in writing and convey the message to others.

Some feel only education gives knowledge but there are people who are not much educated but through their experience they have grown up and become big shots. My brother and my husband studied only upto Xth but they have more knowledge, my brother raised from the position of a clerk to Depot Manager. Experience only reached him to that level. My husband also has knowledge of so many things and he has good memory. Whatever happened fifity years back he still remembers and narrates very well

We acquire knowledge from our mistakes too. Next time we dont do any mistake and learn where we went wrong. Women during their first delivery they dont know anything but next time when they deliver they remember where all they went wrong and correct themselves.

It depends on how we acquire knowledge. We have to work hard. Its not only enough to learn but also we should put into practice what we learnt and share it with others

This time I am so happy three of my threads are nominated and two are nominated by @jayasala42 who is so knowledgeable. The credit of my writing goes to IL because from here only I learn to write well.

4 people like this.

2. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

DEar Viji madam,
    Nice to read your experiences and perspective, which is very practical.
    Knowledge is of two kinds.....bookish knowledge. It gives one knowledge in some fields, employment etc. Another is wisdom which has nothing to do with books. It is in built in some, some gain by various experiences in life and some by observing others and it is based on value system.
    A good one. Thank you.
    Syamala

2 people like this.
  3. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,
    It is very nice of you to have compared education with experience.Any bookish knowledge won't be of any use unless they are put into practical use.In earlier days most of the people studied only upto School Final ( 10thor 11th) and sought some employment due to financial constraints.But they were quite knowledgible.One of my cousins ,studied upto S. S. L.c.used to write fine English which today's post graduates can't compete.As Syamala has rightly said ,wisdom is something not attainable by all. and it has got no connection whatsoever with books.
    Now a days our Google Guru provides us heaps and heaps of information .

When we get greens ( keerai) from the market,it is huge in quantity. We have to rinse it many times until all the muddy particles get washed off.When we place it in a big vessel, it gets reduced to less than one tenth.A big pot of keerai, when cooked can be held in a small cup and each one in the family gets a small karandi( ladle ) of keerai.
    There are plenty of keerai vendors, books, internet, facebook and other messages.But there are a very few cooks who can give the essence.Perhaps Bhagavatgita and Thirukkural rose to eminence because of the essence of life they carry.

Jayasala 42

1 person likes this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Shyamala dear glad to get your first feedback. Glad you liked my post and thanks for sharing your views which is cent percent correct

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

You are right Jayakka dear what we learn from books we have to put in practice. Glad to know that your cousin though studied only upto 10th was knowledgeable and wrote fine English. Yes dear Google provides everything we want , my best friend is also Google. YOur last para is a thought provoking message

6. daisy2015

daisy2015 Platinum IL'ite

Hello aunty:wave: I saw this snippet just now. I think both education and experience play equal role and both are necessary to acquire proper knowledge. We need knowledge through education so that we can avoid doing mistakes which could risk our life in some situations. We need knowledge through experience so that we can learn what is what correctly and pass it on to others who are in need of that knowledge but can't afford to pay the price.

1 person likes this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thank you for the thought provoking feedback Daisy dear, you are hundred percent correct. You have narrated so well about education and experience

8. daisy2015

daisy2015 Platinum IL'ite

Thank you.

1 person likes this.