1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

We’re all going on a Summer Holiday…

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Padmasrinivas, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

WoW, Padma ! What a wonderful way to spend the summer vacation ! I'm sure the kids have a smashing time too, learning all those new skills ! Its really commendable that you and your friends have put your learning and talents to good use .:hatsoff

(And not to forget, a quick :clap to the husbands too for their support and encouragement !)

2. smart_soul

smart_soul Bronze IL'ite

Dear Padma Madam,

I'm so thrilled to read about how you and your friends spend your time while teaching the kids fun and values.

I really envy the ladies in your apartment who have the privilege to leave the kids and relax that the kids are in good hands.

Living far off, it's so contradicting when we have to find a kid of the same age group(Indian) miles away and drive our kids for a play group, search online and in various places for some classes for them and what not...

Kids and their parents in your apartment are so lucky to have you all... HATS OFF.. HATS OFF to you all...

3. Padmasrinivas

Padmasrinivas Silver IL'ite

Dear Padmini,

Your responses are always great value-additions :thumbsup

It is fortunate that our community is always ready to lend a hand to the residents in times of need. The kids are good fun and it is a learning experience for all of us...

Thank you so much for the warm fb, just loved every word, Pad my friend

Love,
    Padma

4. Padmasrinivas

Dear Bhargavi,

Love having you here with a sweet fb!

Summer holidays are great fun interacting with the children. We senior citizens enjoy learning so much from the little ones!

BTW, did you reflect on my 'Reflections'?

Thanks so much, Bhargavi dear,

Love,
    Padma

5. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Padma dear,

That was such a lovely post.
    At first, when I saw your catchy title, like Mindi I thought you were referring to the evergreen Cliff Richards song from the movie popular in the 60's "SUMMER HOLIODAY".

The lyrics go like this ...

We're all going on a summer holiday
    No more working for a week or two
    Fun and laughter on our summer holiday
    No more worries for me or you
    For a week or two

We're going where the sun shines brightly
    We're going where the sea is blue
    We've seen it in the movies
    Now let's see if it's true ....

Your post had such an aura of affection and love around it .Such a beautiful way to spend time with the kiddies.How I wish all you aunties were in Chennai or I was in Bangalore ....then this aunty could have joined in too.You must all be feeling so fulfilled ...giving back all you gathered so far to the young ones and guiding them to reach their chosen goals.Their mums are fortunate to find so much care and concern among all the kind aunties who have volunteered to help out .:thumbsup
    So here's wishing you happy and glorious Summer Holidays.:cheers

6. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Sorry ma;am, I am yet to reflect on Reflections...will do it sooner! :thumbsup

sriniketan

7. skchivukula

skchivukula Bronze IL'ite

That's a nice way of keeping the kids engaged during summer vacations.
    Kids will enjoy at the same time will learn a lot.
    That's great :thumbsup:thumbsup

8. Padmasrinivas

Hi Mindi,

Yes I can hear you hum the lilting melody, Cliff Richards was the heart-throb of our generation, in fact we knew all his songs ( I saw a couple of his movies too!) and we felt very proud of his Indian origin... I think he was born in Lucknow, correct me if I am wrong...

The kids here are really lovable, specially as they are very protective of Avyay and love to take care of him, now there's Nivriti too...

Come over on your next trip here, should be in soon I guess, na Shobi? :thumbsup to your mom too!

Loved your coming here, ma cherie,

Love,
    Paddu

9. Amma15

Amma15 Gold IL'ite

Dear Padma,

This is a truly noble gesture. Such a boon for those working mothers. Thank you for sharing with us - such a lovely way to give back to society. You have given me direction. I now know what I can do after retirement. I have 5 years to go.

Love,
    Usha

10. Meenupanicker

Meenupanicker Senior IL'ite

Dear Padma maam
    Your vacation plans for kids semms fabulous.I am sure both teams enjoyed previous years vacations and are looking forward to presentyear.I guess that is why you came forward with this post now.It would be definitely a help for all their parents also.

Thanks for sharing.Enjoyed reading.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2010