1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Ways to manage anger

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by namrata_ghy, Nov 19, 2010.

1. namrata_ghy

namrata_ghy New IL'ite

Before get rid of anger, first you have to understand what anger is? Why we get angry? Why it is so powerful that it can destroy everything? Anger is nothing just a tool to destroy a family, a lively relationship, personality, destroying of yourself, lost of business as it distract the mind and above all a tool to push life in the darkness of unhappiness, stress and tension.

There is nothing in the world as destructive and harmful as anger. It destroys our peace and happiness of life. It pollutes our mind and forces us to engage in negative actions that lead to untold suffering in future lives. Researchers have found that anger problems and depressive symptoms have been linked to all major causes of death. Unhealthy habits such as smoking, overeating or drinking alcohol etc are caused by anger and may contribute to chest pain, heart attack and stroke. High blood pressure and high cholesterol usually go hand in hand with extreme lifestyles of overeating and smoking and so forth. Anger elevates blood pressure and is one of the core causes of depression and anxiety disorders. It is the grievous result of frustration, hurt, annoyance, disappointment, harassment and dissatisfaction. Though it is a stage of unrealistic mind, anger is a natural emotion until it destructs something.

The first three main mantra for anger management are- express, suppress and calm. Along with these an anger management plan can help you to leave a healthy life.

· At first you have to find out the source of your mood. Use rational thoughts like instead of telling yourself, "oh, it's awful, it's terrible, everything's ruined," tell yourself,” that “it's understandable and I have to manage it”.
    · Be optimistic, positive and never loose hope and always ask yourself, “Is this going to give something very healthy?”
    · Sometimes, our anger and frustration are caused by very real and inescapable problems in our lives. In normal mood think about that and try to identify your problems.
    · Using silly humor can help to defuse your rage in a number of ways. Read some jokes, think about any funny situation that you have experienced or talk to any interesting person.
    · For married couples, identify the timings and situations of your fighting and change it accordingly. For example, you often fight at night after dinner when you start any important discussion, so change the timings, that time perhaps you both are tired or bored.
    · Use the most powerful tool to manage anger is meditation i.e. deep breathing specially the ‘Om Meditation’. Chanting of which slowly and repeatedly will give you immense relaxation.
    · Dissolve your ego as far as possible. Remember that you are too much angry means you are a psychologically weak person. Anger is another name of fear and inferiority complex.
    · Spend at least a little time with your pets.
    · Always forgive others for your own good but never forget the matter, keep it in mind but in a simple way.
    Remember, you can't eliminate anger but you can manage it if you try hard. So, unless you try hard to control it, it will control you and drag you to an unhappy life.
    :cool2:

2. Pavi82

Pavi82 Senior IL'ite

Hi Good one and a very important thing everyone need to follow in day to day life.. Its very true that we cannot be without getting angry but we can control it :)

This is wat i tell to myself when i get angry, "For every minute you are angry with someone, you loose 60 seconds of happiness that you can never get back.. So keep smiling :)

Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
  3. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

Hi,

Try writing 'I am very patient' in a book for 21 times everyday for 21 days.
    It worked for me. :)

21 days is equalan to 3 weeks.
    Anything done continuously for 3 weeks becomes a habit.

4. eddieparker

eddieparker New IL'ite

To manage the anger then:

(1) List things that can trigger your anger
    (2) Pay attention to the warning signs of anger in your body
    (3) Find anger management techniques that work for you
    (4) Control your thinking
    (5) Use relaxation techniques

5. keethi

keethi Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Thanksfor sharing.:)