1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ways To Make Your Day Go From Bad To Great

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Ihari123, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Ihari123

Ihari123 Silver IL'ite

Smile. A highly underused way to bring joy into your and someone else’s day.
    Say good morning to someone and actually mean it. Most people will just try to get from point A to point B with as little human interaction as possible. Try engaging with someone, it’s amazing how much better you’ll feel.
    Have a conversation with a co-worker about something other than work. Chat it up about the weather, or your weekend. Just don’t talk about that damn job….
    Take an interest in someone else. People love to talk about themselves more than anything else. That’s human nature. If you can take an honest interest in some aspect of their life, you just may find a new friend.
    Bring breakfast to the office. This is so simple, yet rarely used. People appreciate your generosity, you feel good about it, and you get to enjoy a massive amount of sugar. [​IMG]
    Pay someone a sincere compliment. This is a great way to brighten up some one’s day.
    Do something unconditionally. Giving without the thought of receiving is one of the most rewarding feelings possible.
    Make just one persons day better. Usually all it takes is some small gesture to brighten some ones day.
    Go out of your way to help someone. Even if it’s returning some ones shopping cart for them, it will be appreciated.
    Introduce yourself to someone. You never know when you’ll make a new friend that could change your life forever.
    Laugh out loud. Laughter is powerful stuff. I rarely do it….
    Let yourself be touched. No, not that, I’m talking finding something that can touch you deeply on an emotional level.
    Take a walk outdoors and truly enjoy it. Free your mind of your job and remember that there is so much more to life.
    Find something breathtaking to look at. I have a number of photos saved on my computer, so at any point I can pull them up, sit back, and find a happy place.
    Use someone’s first name. People love to hear their own name. If you don’t know it, introduce yourself.
    Forget what others think. Be yourself completely. Let your dorkiness out and don’t give it a second thought, give it a try.
    Get out of your comfort zone. I have met very few people that actively try to get out of their comfort zones. There is a tremendous opportunity for personal growth when we can do this, yet so few actually do. Find your fears and face them, you WILL feel awesome afterwards!
    Make a difference. There are a million ways to make the world a better place. You just need to find one!

4 people like this.

2. coolgal123

coolgal123 Platinum IL'ite

very positive thoughts and easily doable too....

3. Poetlatha

Poetlatha Platinum IL'ite

@Ihari123 wow lovely ideas to brighten ours and others life. Enjoyed reading them. Have tried a few, will try to implement some of them, and had similar thoughts too! Good that you penned these precious pieces and shared it with everyone here...bravo!

4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

@Ihari123 dear welcome to snippets , enjoyed reading your informative post. I also follow some of them.

When I go to temple the woman who sweeps outside the temple gives a smile and I return back. Today I saw her wearing a plastic cover on her head instead of carrying umbrella . So spoke to her. Also when I go to Banks, thank them and tell them to have a nice day, they feel very happy. Even to Auto drivers tell them thanks. LIke to bring a smile on someone's face by complimenting them and they also feel very happy

5. Ihari123

Ihari123 Silver IL'ite

woww :wow
    Glad 2 hear dat. Tusi Great ho:2thumbsup:, GBU and Thank uuuuuuu

6. Ihari123

Ihari123 Silver IL'ite

Yeah even I felt the same. You feel blessed after seeing that smile on their face.

7. Ihari123

Ihari123 Silver IL'ite

8. Lathasv

Lathasv IL Hall of Fame