1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Ways to maintain your precious Tupperware.

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kishoremommy, Jul 30, 2013.

1. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Kishoremommy for these useful tips. Was not aware of so many tips and tipperware guidelines. Your post is a perfect spot for maintaining tupperware

1 person likes this.
  2. rharini8182

rharini8182 Senior IL'ite

Dear kishoremommy,

I had been gifted a lot of tupperware items such as 10 kg rice keeper, multimasala container, four oil can (two large and two small), lot of canisters, modular mate oval and round etc etc by my parents during my marriage.

I am having certain queries regarding tupperware...hope u can clarify me with the same...

1) Now after 5 years the oil can lid had been chipped in the corner and i cannot use it for closing the same. When i contacted the dealer she replied that she had stopped selling tupperware products now. I had gone to some local shops and purchased some oil can for time being.

I dont know other person dealing with tupperware and i am not sure even if i find they will do the replacement of the lid alone. Can you plz explain what to do in my case. All the other products are well now...whether replacement will be there for my oil can or whether i can throw it out as i am not having anyother lid for it.

2) Meanwhile i am having query about using tupperware product in microwave. Whether it is safe to cook curry, kootu etc as it is made of plastic. As of now, we can read in newspaper that it is not advisable to use plastic for cooking in microwave as it will lead to cancer. I am not asking about reheating as i am okay with it.

3) In the shops i can see some signoraware containers which are similar to tupperware. The cost is affordable also and they are claiming that it is made just like tupperware 100% virgin plastic. Instead of spending a lot on tupperware and finding for replacement we can use and throw even if signoraware containers go off and get new ones.

4) Regarding lunch boxes whether we can carry food daily in tupperware plastic containers as once again the fear of plastics (such as keeping food in plastic containers and eating the same is hazardous to health) is flashing in my mind and my husband got one hot pack recently to pack his lunch.

Kindly clarify and i am awaiting for your reply.

1 person likes this.
  3. kalaipriya

kalaipriya Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for sharing.... i was not aware of many things about Tupperware.

4. suganvijay

suganvijay Platinum IL'ite

Very useful tips! Will update mom about this ! :)

5. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi,
    Thanks for sharing the tips. I have this issue of oily feeling in tupperware curry box however well i clean it. Will try the method you suggested.

6. IndhuRamesh

IndhuRamesh Platinum IL'ite

very useful tips at this tupperware age.. :) Thanks for sharing..

7. kishoremommy

kishoremommy Platinum IL'ite

Thanks rkgurbani.

8. seepra

seepra Bronze IL'ite

I have a tupperware lunch box whose lid melted by mistake as i kept it near a hot tava. can I get a new lid for the same? I'm ready to pay for the same...

9. kishoremommy

Dear Harini,

There are some policies regarding replacement.If you give a product for replacement,it goes through a series of detection and then if found faulty,you will definitely get replacement.

As you said that you are unable to find a consultant,if possible please courier me the the product.I will try to get the replacement.

Before that it is advisable to compare the courier cost with the cost of lid.

You need not throw the oil can because of the broken lid.Tupperware spare parts are available.I will enquire and send you a PM regarding the cost of lid .

Can you PM me the size of the can?

All microwave containers manufacturers ,claim that their products are 100% safe.

Cooking in microwave using plastics is not advisable.Though I sell Tupperware,I don't support cooking in plastics.Why don't you use glass containers?

When I came and settled in Coimbatore ,I was searching for Tupperware dealers to buy Lunch boxes.As I couldn't find any one,I bought few Signoraware lunch sets.The quality was very bad and after a month,the containers started to loose its colour and emitted bad plastic smell badly.

Then luckily i found a Tupperware consultant and bought lunch sets.Still ,after three years my lunch boxes look new and there is no plastic smell.

From my experience,I learned about the difference between Signoraware and Tupperware.One of my neighbours own a lot of Tupperware items,which she bought before 15 years.Still,they look good and haven't lost their quality.

Yes,Tupperware is costly.But ,its worth it.

True .Packing hot food in plastic containers ,be it Tupperware or not, is not good.That's why you should pack after the food gets cold.

Fill the boxes and before closing the lid ,.keep it under fan for 5 minutes.then ,you close the lid.This is what I am doing.

I tried hot packs too.But ,DH and DS feel that they are heavy and if you pack liquid items like sambar rice,curd rice,they leak .Again ,the size is also big.

Tupperware lunch boxes are compact ,comes in attractive colours.

When I pack dhokla in pink Tupperware box,they love the presentation.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This slim lunch box is my DS's favorite .He prefers to take it when I make rotis or pooris.The main advantage is that the side dish never leaks into the main compartment.Despite its size,we can pack lots of rotis.

[​IMG]

All your questions are useful for the readers.Thanks, Harini.

2 people like this.
  10. kishoremommy

Welcome ,priya.