1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ways to irritate In Laws who are irritating u.....

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by rams22, Apr 24, 2013.

1. kma

kma Gold IL'ite

Lol good ones..
    Here goes my list
    Praise my parents and talk about them affectionately.
    Talk fondly about my siblings and their children.
    Me enjoying in my parents house.
    Making dd talk to my mother in front of her on phone. She cannot bear this.
    Put a dumb and question mark face when she is giving her wishes list in a convoluted way..
    Cook things with olive oil
    Maintain a healthy diet and exercise..she never can digest me doing anything healthy for myself or my husband
    My husband helping me in the house
    Me having a happy time all by myself with friends
    Not saying ooh aah to her stories or praises of her favourite ppl, just put on the same dumb question mark face again..
    My daughter eating into her tv time with her cartoons channels and sitting in her favourite chair demanding for it.
    I know this is not a good habit, my dd used to react very ferociously whenever my mil used to claim proprietorship on things and used to fight for them since me and dh never fight with her over such things..

2. sunshine1970

sunshine1970 Gold IL'ite

My MIL always gifts things to her daughter and her family and rarely to us. Where as my dad gifts equally to his DIL and and his two daughters. My dad likes to buy us a lot of clothes and when I bring them home I show her the clothes and tell her the prices and add on that my sister got the equal value of clothes as did my brother's wife and said that my dad believes in giving equally to daughters and dil. This irritates her so much and I say it super sweetly.

Whenever I am not feeling well she always dismisses it and says nothing wrong with me, just allergies and I will have a full on flu and cold. She will say take some cold meds if you are that sick. Now when she gets cold/flu I tell her you should take a homemade remedy of x-remember I was so sick two weeks a go my mother made it for me for a week and I got better, my mother always knows how to nurse me back to health. You should make it for yourself. She is left fuming :)

3. rams22

rams22 Gold IL'ite

Good ones!! everybody giving lots of GYAAN.....nice to hear all of them.....

instead of sitting and worrying about how miserable our life is....lets share our wicked thoughts and laugh like hell......im so excited reading every post...... winning over cunning people is some what very gud achievement for us we will continue to share some irritating ways and make their life too miserable who are the reason for everything bad in our life.....

4. greenbow

greenbow Gold IL'ite

1. My SIL is one greedy goat, she wants everything and anything for herself only. MIL/FIL expect us to give gifts to SIL, but we dont :)

2. When we visit India, we take gifts for all our relatives and MIL keeps bitching that you dont need to bring for relatives..bla bla

3. DH and I have a mega plan to irritate ILs, it might take 2 more years, but we already planned it. The plan is, DH's cousin sister will be married in a couple of years, and we decided we will definitely go to India for cousin sister's wedding, enjoy a lot with relatives, and give expensive gold gift to this cousin sister. :2thumbsup:
    (Note: I could not go to SIL's (DH's own sister) marriage and the gift we gave her is not so expensive cos we were totally broke at the time.. and she doesnt deserve it anyway) :twisted:
    So seeing the cousin sister getting an expensive gift from us will burn SIL/MIL/FIL trio. :banana Harhar

Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
    7 people like this.
  5. greenbow

greenbow Gold IL'ite

I post pictures of our vacation on FB, but dont disclose the location .. SIL gets envy and pushes MIL to find out where we went, MIL tries her best to get it out of DH, but DH doesn't even mention to her that we went on vacation.. thats makes them so mad :rotfl

6. sweetshreya

sweetshreya IL Hall of Fame

How come your DH agreed to it?

7. TheBeliever

TheBeliever Silver IL'ite

Booo hooooooooooooooo!

I am not alone!I love this post..U guys r just brilliant!!

I too do some evil things which my DH cant even smell..hehe...I am impressed with all ur ideas...I am lovin it!! ;)

sindmani and sweetshreya like this.
  8. greenbow

greenbow Gold IL'ite

DH and I are best buddies and as I never have an unexpressed thought, he knows me so well.

So from the beginning he did not fall for their trying-to-break-us-up tricks. So in that frustration, the S/M/FIL trio (being so dumb) started showing their evilness to poor DH, to the point where DH hates them more than I hate them. I kept struggling for good relationship with them, but DH keeps me grounded saying thats not gonna happen. After a while I too got fedup.

9 people like this.
  9. soulful

soulful Platinum IL'ite

If she expects, let her. Next time.. just sit down with them and Dh and talk. If she explicitly says clean the place, tell her ya I will do latr - I want to "spend time":roll: with you all. prcastinate, until it is time to sleep.

When you go to sleep, if you see clothes on your bed... just put them down and sleep. next day - put them back on the bed and leave for home.

11 people like this.
  10. soulful

soulful Platinum IL'ite

Mil doesn't like me cooking at her place if somebody is coming over. Scared that they will appreciate my cooking. I know that and actually have no interest but still tell my DH to ask her if I can cook.

She gets wild and starts banging around vessels and I sit there :coffee

2 people like this.