1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ways to irritate In Laws who are irritating u.....

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by rams22, Apr 24, 2013.

1. rams22

rams22 Gold IL'ite

Haha shreya its a nice one.....keep it up!! they never think of what we suffer when they make rude comments to us and make us feel bad so y we should stop from doing it? it should always be tit for tat policy with these MIL''s and SIl's....... gaining the affection of them by loving manner is never a possible way out.......they will never change so as we!!!!

reciprocation of their way of behavior to us is best way......

4 people like this.
  2. sweetshreya

sweetshreya IL Hall of Fame

MIL has very limited range of cooking. She can make only basic traditional food at home and nothing else. Can you believe it that she don't even know how to make idlis at home? On the other hand my mom is an expert, she makes Italian dishes too. And I being her DD, like to attempt various new dishes regularly. :thumbsup

So, another way of irritating her is: praising my mom's cooking whenever I can. When we visit any restaurants and MIL praises some dish, I say, "yes its good." And then turn to DH and tell him, "but do you know, mom makes it so awesome. I'm going to learn it from mom and then make it for you, ok?" Or better still, ask DH very coyly and lovingly "Don't I make it better?" :rotfl

So my MILs jealousy springs up "He likes traditional food only. He eats these things only when he goes to hotels" And I'm like :coffee

sindmani, Deepu04, coolpinky and 12 others like this.
  3. sweetshreya

sweetshreya IL Hall of Fame

You are right !! Earlier I used to feel bad for SIL and so used to dodge such questions in front of her. But later ....... Eyes opened up and its a different story now :)

2 people like this.
  4. Minara

Minara Platinum IL'ite

I agree... When I was a newly married and staying with my in laws, I would clean the whole house, neaten it up and make the whole place liveable.. Nowadays, even when I visit them for for 2 days after a one way journey of 8 hrs by bus at night with no proper sleep or rest, she expects me to run about and clean the whole house from morning till night and at midnight she still won't tell me where I can sleep.. And yes, I do have a room, but to go there I need to leave from the outside of the house and MIL keeps the keys safely locked in her almirah so I can't just go there.. Even if I ask her for it, she will say, yea, I'll give now and just continue sitting and chatting with her dear sons.. Finally I just put my head on the dining table and just sleep... Sometime later hubby will wake me and then I will go to where she tells me to sleep and then fold all clothes littering that place and put them away.. Spread fresh sheets and by then I will only get 2 or 3 hours to rest my back before she knocks on the door and wakes me to make tea (DH will just turn and sleep again) and start on daily jobs.. I have cried to him about this and he says it's just for 2 days! And then some other time I say I'd like to go somewhere with him, he says you're coming with me to my parents place no? It's a lost cause.. I don't care any more.. I don't expect hubby to bring me on any trip until the day I die..

Sorry, I guess this isn't appropriate to this thread.. I'm just venting.. I have cried about this too many times now I just feel a deep heaviness in my chest and no more tears.. :)

5. Minara

Minara Platinum IL'ite

this is happening with me now.. i'm dieting studiously and here she is adding coconut milk to everything and frying this and that and working on finishing the brand new 1 kg ghee bottle that i hadn't touched..

Lengthy shower, I always do.. Usually to rest my back and do a facial once in a while in the privacy of my bedroom..

6. rams22

rams22 Gold IL'ite

Hey minara my hubby also does the same since we came into a seperate house we visit them for weekends....on those days also she wants me to do work at home and my hubby also says the same just 2 days na y cant u adjust? i too cried but i became so hard that i simply refuse to come go to their place saying some or the other reason i go to my parents place and send my hubby to his parents......

if i have to go compulsorily i will act as if im not feeling well and tired having headache etc.....like one of our friends said in above posts.....be a little rude to them nothing wrong in it.....Learn from our IL friends and implement them at home im sure they will work......my experience

4 people like this.
  7. rams22

rams22 Gold IL'ite

when we stayed in joint family my MIL used to expect me to wakeup early and make sunday biryani curries sweet everything and madam will wakeup late.....

i did it for few days then realised that im being a scapegoat......from then i wakeup late on sundays and even after waking up i dont go near kitchen ill give myself a good facial head massage etc.....to my luck everytime i have a facial my hubby also asks me to do it to him so if she comes and asks me to do cooking ill be doing facial to her sonny baby so she says nothing and cooks herself after some time ill go and help her......that vey much irritates her.....

8. Minara

Minara Platinum IL'ite

I guess God knew that if left to myself I would never learn, so he gave me my disc prolapse and so been in bed rest for 3 to 4 months and then not allowed to travel.. ;) But so what, they come here in the loving pretence to see me and make me work for them and end up making my back pain worse and so nowadays even if they come, I only go and chit chat for 20 mins to 30 mins max.. and then come and lay down to rest.. Food? I don't care.. Cleanliness? I don't care.. Let them go first.. No point trying to maintain my house while they are here anyway!

9. Minara

Minara Platinum IL'ite

haha.. smart!! If hubby is around when I do facials, he also asks me to do for him.. But that's pretty rare and usually not when his parents are around..

sindmani and rams22 like this.
  10. rams22

rams22 Gold IL'ite

Hmm its a good thing u dont help them in anyway be strong.....take care of ur health.....be rude to them no problem but dont make urself suffer......:)

sindmani and EnlightenedSoul like this.