1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ways to irritate In Laws who are irritating u.....

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by rams22, Apr 24, 2013.

1. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

For all those who get super angry/ emotional and irritated with MIL while replying to her.... Imagine she has a BIG tail hanging from her Bums.......... you'll automatically start smiling :rotfl.

If that doesn't help then remind urself of Silvertulip's MIL getting a spinach SPA in the kitchen ...............

2. rams22

rams22 Gold IL'ite

Generally we keep everything secret from MIL's we do not let her know anything......

i think we should let her know that we keep everything secret from her.....that itself makes her irritated...

example: Having some casual talk with hubby and when she lurks into our room to hear us, suddenly stop it and say...... "we will talk about it later" to hubby.....as if we are talking some secret without telling her...... she will resort to all sorts of ways to know what we were talking then:confused2:......

3. swt.charu

swt.charu Platinum IL'ite

1) This was mentioned by another poster in another thread ... but I like the idea very much... when you MIL forcefully takes your child from you with an intention of snatching your time with the child.. ignore and start painting you nails or applying a pack... she will immediately hand over the child to you... this surely works..

2) I am not a great fan of any form of sports but can undrestand all of them enough to indulge in a sensible conversation.. So talk about the on going T20 cricket with my hubby in front of her.. and my hubby being a die hard fan of cricket.. will be talking to me very enthusiastically.. this will irritate my MIL no end...

3) show absolutely no interest in the topic they are discussing and as per MIL this topic would the most important one... if possible just divert others (FIL, DH) into another totally irrelevant topic...

4. swt.charu

swt.charu Platinum IL'ite

1) Work out at home in front of MIL ... when I do this my MIL will intentionally add extra oil in my dosas and if I ask here she will say.. anyway you are workingout na .. it will get even... :-(

2) Eat sensibly and show interest in weight reduction programmes / diets etc.

3) go for a lengthy shower...

7 people like this.
  5. gauridinesh

gauridinesh Platinum IL'ite

My MIL is thin nature. So she doesnt HAVE to do anything to maintain her weight. She criticises everyonnneeee who is overweight..saying 'oh, that lady is soooo FATTTTTT'..I am plump by nature and I have to work really hard to maintain my weight.But still she usually wastes no time in commenting on 'oh that girl has a huge tummy like you' . She gets irritated if someone tells her that she has put on weight..so whenever I see her after a long time, I will say 'wow..now you look more healthy!you've put on some weight,havent you?' :) it is said in a positive tone..so no one else will know the real intentions.. :)

6. bubblygal

bubblygal Platinum IL'ite

whenever i meet my mil's sil i will tell her my mil is such a poor creature she is slogging her days off and losing so much weight, so innocent and scared she is!
    Sil will start bitching and removing all her bhadaas on my mil and call her kulla panni ( pig which is having stunted growth)lol!Treat and music to ears!infact my code word for her is kp!:)

Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  7. rams22

rams22 Gold IL'ite

Same in my case im little overweight due to hormonal problems my weight tends to get fluctuated at times....

But here my FIL will always comment that im fat in some or the other way...it hurts me alot he is very ill mouthed sometimes.....

We have a dog at In laws which is very attached to me he likes me alot because i bought him to home and in the whole family its only me who time to time takes care of its needs my MIL never bothers o even feed him even it shouts out of hunger....

so whenever anyone comes to our inlaws my dog thinks its me and pounces on them and licks their feet and always sits near that person..... once he said it i was happy thinking that how much the dog loves me...(poor me).........i didnt know that he was criticizing me..... i realised that when he keeps on saying it like 10 times in a month......... My FIL always points out that unnecessary thing infront of everybody that "yesterday XYZ came to our house she looks just like ramya ...... she is very fat just like her so our dog went and pounced on her.....

From next time when he said that matter i said "ya im fat whats wrong in that" as if i was talking to my hubby from that time he stopped saying that im fat.....

But its just one situation FIL is very foulmouthed.....

3 people like this.
  8. anuradhasundar

anuradhasundar Silver IL'ite

hai friends
    past 2years i suffer lot by my inlaws.my fil dont allow me to switch on fan and light without here permission.my mil dont allow me to cook she is also dont cook.she order food from out that is also here choice she dont ask me what you want she order mrng 2idly afternun curd rice and nite chapathi for me.very rarely she allow me to cook that time she gave only one vessel to cook she dont gave lighter to switch on gas she gave only1 matchstick.she dont gave napkin to take hot vessel from stove.she gave kollamavvu and sanni(cows pedda) for washing that vessel .if she go anywhere she locked kitchen she dont allow me to enter kitchen.

9. rams22

rams22 Gold IL'ite

Even my MIL also has 3 SIL's for whom she never even care to talk once in a while....but dont know y i couldnt extract anything negative of my MIL from anyone of her relatives.....i think she acts so much infront of them as if she cares a lot for them.....

i know everybody has something or the other complaint with my MIL but they never blurt out about that.....may be i dont know the way of extracting truth from other people.....

4 people like this.
  10. sweetshreya

sweetshreya IL Hall of Fame

I have a favorite way of irritating my MIL :thumbsup.... Her greatest heartache is that her DD never got to go to US. When SIL got engaged, her husband was in US. But by the time of marriage his company had sent him back and SIL never got to go to US. MIL still cribs that he had cheated them (behind his back of course). :bonk

So what I do is tell her constantly about what places we have visited in the US. When her relatives come and ask me so what did you see? I list off what I've seen but end up regretfully with, "but DH hasn't taken me to LA yet, or SFO or ....." So MIL feels :rant that I've seen so many things because of her DS and yet I'm not satisfied.

But when DH is present I always drag the conversation to some part where we had a lot of fun and DH too gets carried away and relates the whole yarn about how we enjoyed. MIL & SIL's faces are worth watching at such times. :rotfl