1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ways to irritate In Laws who are irritating u.....

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by rams22, Apr 24, 2013.

1. indubalram

indubalram IL Hall of Fame

My MIL is coming to stay with us as well for maybe 3 months. I'm fully tensed. I dont know how am I going to put up. Me in usa working. My Dh very eager to have her here. She expects her DIL to stay separate during periods etc.. Should not cook those days. All such things, I dont know how to manage. plus her gossip with her relatives here. Please suggest me with ideas how to get over this and manage those 3 days.
    :bowdown

2. helpme123

helpme123 New IL'ite

Hmm that's true ushash..I know..I got some relief when I talk to the people in the same boat. I am not understanding y only boy,s moms r like this and girl's moms r not.They r happy to see us with the loving dhs.

3. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Have a month long period and make her work.(American weather suits your reproductive system,your reproductive system is going through yearly maintenance,cleaning...whatever excuse works best) Come home to a life of cooked food,movies(on the laptop in your room)and books. Spend long hrs out of home. Stick a note with things to do before leaving. Poor untouchable you!hugsmiley

bluerainbow, guesshoo, nb25 and 3 others like this.
  4. dars

dars Silver IL'ite

:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown

5. helpme123

helpme123 New IL'ite

Dears
    My dh's b'day comes During my MIL visit this time. I was planing to give a romantic treat. But now I think it is not workable when she is here.What can I do?Should I gift him something or postpone my treat? Confused!!!

6. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Since you have posted on the"how to irritate mil thread" then...I would say,go ahead and make it extremely romantic.:rotfl

7. meVaidehi

meVaidehi Platinum IL'ite

When they start singing praises of their patenting, sacrifice for dh etc, tell them yours food a step further. With a smoke like 'just sharing' not talking back or criticising them
    Like mil: I did blah
    You: wow that's lovely. You know what when I was a kid my mum did blah++

8. meVaidehi

meVaidehi Platinum IL'ite

Try to go out and do as much as possible
    Or
    Better yet tell dh about all your plans adding but now with your mom around its not possible is if hon?
    So maybe I'll cancel our postpone

9. helpme123

helpme123 New IL'ite

Friends
    somehow I managed 3 days with mil. My level of patience is almost null now. Should I tell my dh that I don't have anymore patience to live with his Mom?....
    Thanks

10. confusedwoman

confusedwoman Silver IL'ite

No, don't tell your husband. Ignore all taunts, do what you like to do. Take a breather and visit friends,family. Go for a walk, coffee or movie by yourself. Always let your husband know where you are when you go outside the house. And DONT openly confront your MIL.