Wayanad

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Ooviya, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

V have a plan to spend some days in Wayanad (next mth). V choose that place but v don't know detaily about it. I hope more of them well known about it. Will u pls share ur experience, accommodations, climate , season Etc...:hiya

2. pashni

pashni IL Hall of Fame

Hi ooviya, last summer we went to wayanad.It is a nice place to go.Sure a nice break from chennai life. We took train from chennai , I think mangalore exp and got down at Kozhikode.From there we took car to wayanad.we stayed there in a resort.I forgot its name.but it was a nice place to stay.The food they served was also fantastic.

Actually wayanad is a district and not a city.All places to see are around wayanad.So only problem is u have to travel a lot to see places around.One beach,two wild life sant, and some more are there.

We went by Aksaya tours and travels,chennai.The total cost for 2 adults and two kids came around 30,000 rs.This includes train(3 ac),taxi and breakfast,and stay for 3 nights.You can contact them for further details.
    have a nice trip:thumbsup

3. pashni

pashni IL Hall of Fame

I got the resort's name .it is RAIN COUNTRY RESORTS.And aksaya tours is at nungambakkam near the icici bank.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  4. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

Thanks for your sharing your wonderful experience at Wayanad.Any specific time/Month to visit Wayanad.Also i would like to hear any specific places to visit in wayanad..expecting your favorable reply..thanks..

5. pashni

pashni IL Hall of Fame

as i said wayanad is a district.every place to see in wayand is little far from whichever place we stay.
    it will take atleast 1 hr to reach all places
    main place to see in wayand is a wild life sanctuary.it is the same ,other border of periyar wildlife in ooty.so, for that place only we need tocheck season.because animals move from wayanad to ooty or bandhipoor according to season.

other places are a waterfalls,a beach and one more island ,with bamboo forest .

there are nothing much to see in wayanad.main thing about wayanad is its climate.
    dont imagine anything like kodaikanal.in kodai if we take a taxi,we can see all places in one round.this wont happen in wayand.each place is in different direction.all resorts are inside reserve forest.so it will take timeto comeout fromthe resorts to main road even in taxi.but all that are nice exp worth trying.

and that rain country resorts offer trecking,and somemore also.u contact aksaya travels.they will give u full details,like climate ,places of intrest etc.they arrange everything perfectly,from train tickets,taxifor all days that we stay and accomodation.
    they hav website also.i think aksaya tours and travels india.call them and check for details.

one more idea from me.Instead of going thro travels,u can contact rain country directly for accomodation and taxi.this will be cheap than going thro travels i hope.rain country's address is available in its website.I hope u find these details useful.check with travels for same tour plan.u can decide accordingly.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  6. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

Thanks a lot....:cheers

7. vidraghu

vidraghu Platinum IL'ite

Places to visit in Wayanad:

1.Soochipara water falls
    2. Pookote Lake
    3. Chembra peak
    4. Banasurasagar Dam
    5. Edakkal Caves

1 & 2 places will be too gud to visit... We went a yr back since we went during christmas hols... all the resorts were booked so, they arranged a stay home service for us..It was decent.. The place we stayed was surrounded by plantain thottam, coconut thottam and coffee.. It was great...

have a nice break away from chennai life.... Enjoy ur vacation...Happy hols to u and ur family...

8. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

Thank u vidhya!:cheers

9. pashni

pashni IL Hall of Fame

Hi ooviya, i saw in yesterday's paper ,that wayanad is very hot for the past few days.they have written that, wayanad which is the coolest place in kerela ,is very hot for the past few days ,temp 34 ,35.rest of kerela is also very hot than usual.and palakad recorded 42 on wednesday.

what happend to your holiday plans.check the current temp before planning.

10. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

Thank u so much Pashni!! I am really wonder reg. ur feedback.. I am little bit confused reg. climate in Kerala. Bcz season will start only on Next mth.

My hubby suggested me Coorg and Coonur (In Tamil Nadu). Coonur also have Excellent places to visit, Resorts and Climate and one more that cave train also.. So now v postponed our plan to On April..

What about Coonur and Coorg?? Do u know about that.... Pls share:cheers