Way To A Man's Heart Is Thro His Stomach.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Desiindian, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Desiindian

Desiindian Gold IL'ite

How many of you agree or disagree on food is a way to win a man's love.
    In indian marriages or in arranged marriages, do men turn henpecked husbands if their wives are excellent cooks? Their may be some exception, this is about the majority of men who enjoy and appreciate wife's cooking style.

Women being an expert in cooking has any effects on relationships with immediate and extended families?
    How good you are in cooking?

2. Janakinarne

Janakinarne Gold IL'ite

I never agree with this.. bcoz myself saw lot of people who cooks yummy food to her family and never get back a appreciation for that also..if the food is good they enjoy it even with out a single word of appreciation if not they throw the plate away...and talk like they never cooked the food which any one can eat ..if there frnds or relatives came they want their wife to cook too many varieties even without a small help from him even though they never recognize her efforts and struggle behind it..men always men...
    Of course there will be some men who will recognize their wife's struggle and helps in works that type of people will enjoy the food even if it's spoiled Al's bcoz they know how much she tried to do her best...
    So my answer is only during the time of eating they enjoy after that they will forget everything and behave as how they are .
    Even myself don't know much at the time of my marriage after my marriage we are in combined family and with out any ones help I have to cook for all..never spoiled any recipes even though never received a compliment from any of my family members .. now am perfect cook ..my husband frnds als say I do have some signature dishes but no one from my family (in-laws)but my sister's and there kids enjoy my cooking alot...

3. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

If this were to be the case, both boys and girls had pledged a lot of their love to restaurants, street pani-puri guy, and the hole-in-the-wall bread-omelette stall, some specific dosa or biriyani stall in the food court of some shopping mall, and locations that are called "mess" where they could run a monthly tab, and various locations like that. Indian Metro Cities are not like Singapore (yet), but eventually the kitchens in flats would shrink, and people would depend on hawkers, and delivery services for their "love" fix.

Eventually when they get married, each of them take their partner to meet their ex-love. After a few years, those who go on diets together, are the ones in love.

However, people are still told that cute story, e.g. this TV commercial for rice:

Desiindian and Thyagarajan like this.
  4. BhumiBabe

BhumiBabe Platinum IL'ite

Some people think that Cooking is the only real acceptable “hobby” a wife can have. A wife who cooks well, is a source of pride - often shown off to others and made to cook even more (to which she happily obliges). Fine... that assessment of Indian wives is to nihilistic even to me. But is food the way to a man’s heart? Food brings comfort and connection. Eating together, sharing food is a bonding experience. There is a sort of freedom that men feel when food is prepared especially for them. It’s theirs and they are free to appreciate or criticize.

I find it fascinating that it is usually men who have lasting emotional connection to food memories- such as a special dish prepared by their mother. Even 50 years later, with no mother to prepare it the way they remember...they can still talk about how amazing that dish was and that no one can come close to making it.

The reality is, food is important, but being a good cook is not the way a man falls for his wife. The care and attention a woman gives, in a man’s food habits and other basic needs, ultimately have a hand to growing that affection.

5. SpringB

SpringB Platinum IL'ite

If way to a man’s heart was through his stomach then his mother will be the only one in his heart. :)

6. Greenbay

Greenbay Gold IL'ite

I don’t agree. I have 2 sisters. One is an excellent cook, other one is OK ( just meets the requirements). The later one’s husband appreciates her cooking, values her opinions, goes above and beyond to keep her happy. The first BIL is like husband in English-Vinglish. Thinks his wife has nothing else better to do than cooking. He is very assertive and does not bend for wife’s opinions.

Small sample set but shows that hen-pecked or assertive or flexible/understanding is genetic or acquired quality and not based on wife’s cooking skills.

I agree that majority of men appreciate good cooking but they love their wife based on that is a stretch.

SunPa, Desiindian and Sunshine04 like this.
  7. BlissfulLife

BlissfulLife New IL'ite

This something we joke about in my house. I tell my husband if that is the case I will love to have a Wife as well I do not want Husband ;)
    Well! it's about laziness in short. Male nowadays stopped doing hardcore work like they use to e.g. hunting etc. this is causing them health issues. Gluing on sofa, binge watching or spending time on phone has serious long-term impacts on health. I would gladly cook for my hubby if he go outside and play or do some exercise but I will never take all responsibility of cooking on myself as it will impact on him on long-term too. We are intellectually on-board on this belief. He knows he will never get entertained for laziness. Off-course he get to have few exceptions and so do I. We are both Humans and we both need equal treatment. He relies me on all decision he likes me to be a participant in all his major decisions which he gets. I rely on him as well. I think this is the major factor of love in our marriage at-least.:beer-toast1:
    I don't think food has to do anything with it.

Desiindian and SinghManisha like this.
  8. Sandyr46

Sandyr46 Gold IL'ite

Oh no sister - a perfect wife to ny man can only b a super woman. Good luks, gud job, cooks excellent, ideal in bed, a perfect DIL in shoet sum1 who has all the qualities but shudnt be remotely into all this women empowerment and **** ;);)

Desiindian and SinghManisha like this.
  9. Janakinarne

Janakinarne Gold IL'ite

Let's speak truly,at whose home there husband and children are eating there food on the table??
    How many are enjoying there lunch or dinner with the family
    Even sitting and eating all together also how many are keeping there mobile and laptops at a side
    Even kids sitting in front of the TV and eating,
    Otherwise husband's sits in there room and order to bring the Food inside ..
    When there is no proper intrest what we are eating how anyone can judge and enjoy the food..
    If we don't have any interest in eating no one enjoy the food they just eat and go so no way they know the taste of the food..
    In 1960's or 70's elders in the house finish there dinner as early as and later women they wil eat and during there dinner time they used to talk about family and other issues...now where it is...
    How many of here are speaking daily with live and effection...
    Now a days de can count the no of words we spoke with our spouse..
    No love no effection as compared to olden days ..

Desiindian, Thyagarajan and Amulet like this.
  10. rgz

rgz Gold IL'ite

Really depends on the two. In many cases it is true , food (healthy but yet tasty food by wife) is a major factor for fondness (at the very least) to grow. Depends on the two, so it will be hard to generalize the answer based on posters here.

Desiindian likes this.