1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Watson

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:The dichotomy is clear. Watson ve Sherlock? I enjoyed reading your comments. Thank you.
    Regards.

2. Anusowmyan

Anusowmyan Gold IL'ite

thank you all for this special mention.

Viswamitra likes this.
  3. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Time for the Hodja (witty mentor) Watson of IL. Long pending!

upload_2018-6-16_14-42-12.png
    (image: Nasreddin Hodja from Middle Eastern folk tales)

On reading Thyagoo in a post on my very first interaction with him, I was startled of his bright cheer and convivial fun. Who is he? If you cross-wire Santa's cheer with Hodja's remedies with Birbal's quick-wit, you have dialed into @Thyagarajan. On first look, his remedies appear unclassified, then humorous, then unique, then enriching if only you see past that kora kaguz build-up. I enjoy his funny antidotes to every festering anxiety. As I said, he may appear hasty, but on second read, it is you who seized hasty to his unorthodox shot at the pesky minutiae afflicting us all.

Time and again it has been proved that good sense of humor prevails over intelligence or valor. Our Hodja Watson is undoubtedly a testament to such essential faith.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Ira,

A much deserved award for Sri. Thyagarajan. His timing and choice of words in responding in tense situation is amazing. Habitually he writes with great sense of humor with his careful suggestions. His selection of topics to write, his writing style, and concluding paragraph are a treat to watch. When his sense of humor combines with his intelligence, it gives an opportunity for us to mull his suggestions while smiling.

Viswa

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. Thyagarajan

:hello: Cheer + remedies + quickwit = ? Thanks from bottom of my heart for this GOOGLY. You probably want to say “ A nimble brain is mightier than brawn”.
    2. I apologise for being all three rolled into one. But in the world of every one after two-in-one or three-in-one, it is good to remain so but I have my own apprehensions. I feel fumbled sorry humbled and overwhelmed with the weighty mighty Award perceived & conceived & ready to deliver by you.
    3. But anyway, I wish to present myself in finest haberdashery on the eve of presentation of the award but I wonder where I left my long fur over coat and the reindeer and Pomeranian to ride me over to the podium to receive it.
    4. It is great to visualise the occasion at or after sunset during vee hours on weekend - I , in the august presence of Doctor philosopher Shri Wishwamitra - I mean Viswamitra - receiving the highly burnished award from golden gloved hands of Racy Madam Sister MS Iravathi at Madison square NY.

Regards.
    God grant Godspeed in our earnest endeavour.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    Viswamitra likes this.
  6. Viswamitra

Dear Sri Thyagarajan:

Watch out, there are a lot of animal rights members here in IL who are all going to be after you for your appearance in the fur goat riding on the reindeer and Pomeranian. But Madison square, NY? I doubt it. Please wait for your flying saucer that would take you to the unnamed planet in another solar system if you like to receive the award from the golden gloved hands of Racy Madam Ira ("RMI"). If you like a Selfie on that occasion, you may have to take a packet of Briyani and Pudina chutney with you. Thank God you have been rewarded before Madam's retirement. She was planning to move to Tibet inquiring whether there is an equivalent force that matches the Consciousness? If this recommendation were to happen after retirement, more than your finest haberdashery, you might have to bring special glasses that can see the physical presence of RMI through that blinding aura.

Viswa

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. Thyagarajan

:hello:Sir,
    May I attribute your nice words about my posts, responses and conclusions to my karma. 2. If one makes others smile his latent defects never surfaces up and if one is continued to remain in that smiley status, the deficiencies would never manifest instead it probably ends up in creation of aura.
    3. Thank you thank you and thank you for seconding the award !.
    Regards
    God grant us our earnest endeavour Godspeed.

8. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

This Watson has been long pending. Highly deserved and much overdue.

@GeetaKashyap -- the committee in my mind could finally not settle on one Watson for Geeta. And the final two also do not do justice, but here we go. Geeta's posts are like a Seven Course Meal or an Exquisite Gravy (holds the IL curry together, a secret recipe that many have tried to decode). What can I say! Geeta's posts across the many sections of IL make you just sit there and wonder "how does she do it!" Unjust and challenging to pick one that stands out most, but Geeta's posts in threads that have few or no responses touch my heart.

Singling any one or two areas runs the risk of typecasting but I have to say I sometimes wonder if I had a wish would it be to write like Geeta or draw like Geeta... it would be draw. Which reminds me... Geeta's drawings bring out something almost poetic in me when I write a response. Similarly, her posts also bring out the best in readers.

A fun but useless trivia -- we won a Finest Post award in the same month. : ) Hey I had to say it! Like all classmates/batchmates of successful people come out of the woodwork after the classmate becomes renowned. : )

PavithraS, Laks09, Amica and 3 others like this.
  9. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Dear Rihana,

This is a surprise and definitely a pleasant one! Thank you for all the kind (flattering) words, I hope I truly deserve it. Thanks once again.

Rihana and Viswamitra like this.
  10. Viswamitra

@Rihana

She has not only set a very high standards for herself but also set a high standards for others to respond carefully when we read her posts. But the important point is, she exceeds her own standards every time she writes again. I see a clear thinker, structured mindset, crystal clear communicator in her. Reading every paragraph in her threads is like tasting the delicacies one at a time in a five star buffet. Such an eloquent writer not only deserves a Watson but also a standing ovation accompanying such an award.

@GeetaKashyap,

You deserve it without any question.

Viswa

PavithraS, GeetaKashyap and iyerviji like this.