1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Water consumption for a 7 month old after solid feeds?

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by akshu02, Jun 20, 2010.

1. akshu02

akshu02 Senior IL'ite

Hello Mommies,

I have been giving solids to my LO for sometime now. She seems to be doing decently well on it except that she doesnt drink water at all..just 3-4 spoons after a solid feed. I am sure, this is not enough for her. I have tried bottle, sippy cups(Nuby, Avent). She just plays with them and doesnt take water through any medium. I am at a loss on what to do. She has been exclusively breastfed and have not introduced bottles(which may be a mistake).

Pls help me, if you have any ideas/suggestions. Any better sippers or any other medium which worked for you people?

Thanks,
    Gomathy

2. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

gomathy my DD HATES avent sipper.. i started to realise its the handles....also avent has these soft spouts, which she doesnt like either.
    so for us playtex worked. it has big long handles very easy to grasp.... and makes her comfortable, also its not a flexible spout like avent/nuby.
    but ofcourse it will take a bit of learning for her to use it. some babies readily take it and learn and some take a while.
    maybe u can try a trainer cup instead?

3. akshu02

akshu02 Senior IL'ite

Poonam,

Thanks for the suggestions. will try them and let you know, how it works for us :)

-Gomathy