1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Watched Kochadaiiyaan

Discussion in 'Movies' started by sharanyadevi, May 23, 2014.

1. aniShekar

aniShekar Platinum IL'ite

The director's kavuthufied US, Ranchu !!! Did you see Pad ma'am's post on the gossips thread? Apparently, it was LOLLU SABHA JEEVA! :drowning

No wonder Deepika showed zero interest ;-) I suppose the only scenes which the actors themselves did were the couple of shots they'd shown in the "making of the movie" video!
    And bet Jeeva did some of the dialogues too - that would probably explain the discrepancies in delivery style...

5 people like this.
  2. aniShekar

You're right, Sofs...I think the director gave all "Rajini shots" to those experienced folks from Hollywood; and used the local art college students she'd hired for the rest :) :)

4 people like this.
  3. aniShekar

The costume designer is Neeta Lulla, it seems - she of the Aishwarya Rai's Cannes disaster fame (2003-2004 versions);-)
    Her most famous creations would probably be Aish's pathum-pathaadha (ill-fitting) gown; the parrot green saree; the violent pink monstrosity; and now Deepika's costumes in this movie!!
    The director could have cut cost on all these big names, and focused her resources on the animation instead!

2 people like this.
  4. pashni

pashni IL Hall of Fame

hi the post about jeeva was from me:)

1 person likes this.
  5. aniShekar

My bad, Pashini!! So sorry!! sorrysmileyWish I could get back and edit the post, but too late now :-(

2 people like this.
  6. pashni

pashni IL Hall of Fame

its ok
    we get a better feeling imagining jeeva doing rajini,instead of chinni jeyanth or livingstonegigglingsmiley

2 people like this.
  7. anushri

anushri IL Hall of Fame

Perfect review :thumbsup
    Squint eyed disease :rotfl esp Aadhi.. From the beginning he was staring some where else..
    Me too hope this director doesn't take the credit for this many shows... Had they used anyone else's animation, it wouldn't have run even for 4 days...

3 people like this.
  8. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

I saw and liked it though it is an animation movie !

9. DKI

DKI Platinum IL'ite

Rest of the family went for it over the weekend. They went early to the theater worried they would not get seats. When they entered. they were the only ones there. My FIL sat in the middle of an empty theater :)

Their review:
    DS - Loved it...lots of fighting, and animation too
    DH - Tried to convince me that he loved it, but since he has never brought up the topic again, I feel he did not really enjoy it, but being a die-hard Rajni fan, can never say that out loud
    MIL - Came back and stated it was horrible - she too is a loyal Rajni fan
    FIL - Didn't enjoy it, but said it was nice when prompted by DS.

I just went online and saw the song "meduvaagathaan".... I feel the movie would have been better either as a real movie (not animation), or as just an animated movie like Hanuman Returns :)

But this is just my opinion...

1 person likes this.
  10. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

I have watched trailers....animation is not that amusing...for a Rajini movie, it could have been better!..

Someone talked about Spielberg's Tin Tin....for first few minutes I wouldn't know if it was real people or animated....extraordinary animation