1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Watched Kochadaiiyaan

Discussion in 'Movies' started by sharanyadevi, May 23, 2014.

1. aniShekar

aniShekar Platinum IL'ite

sorrysmileyWhat to do, Ranchu....like Gandhiji, I couldn't tell a lie! ;-) The animation was that amateurish :) Thought of putting in Chinni Jayanth, but Livingston seemed a little better :redface:

5 people like this.
  2. Anya8

Anya8 New IL'ite

watched the movie in Mysore Yesterday.. Woowwww.. The technology(motion-capture) was jus mind-blowing :wowand story was good(though not a wow story.. a regular invasion historical happenings.. predictable next scenes) and the graphics was just a disaster(deepika padukone :eek:mg: and was shocked knowing tat sarathkumar was ter in the movie.. was not able to makeout his face properly.. must say, it was wonderful having nagesh on big screen after his loss too )

3 people like this.
  3. pashni

pashni IL Hall of Fame

Though I have not seen the movie yet,What I think is we should watch the movie like how we watched TinTin etc.ie we shouldnt try to identify who is who.that would be better.

1 person likes this.
  4. Sai3A21

Sai3A21 Platinum IL'ite

I'm not bothered about how the film would be or wt the reviews say, just wanted to watch the film for Rajinikanth. Watching it evening show.

Last edited: May 26, 2014
    2 people like this.
  5. aniShekar

That's the problem, Pashini... Avatar was made with lesser known actors; Tintin was already a comic character...but in a movie with someone as popular as Rajini, you tend to look for his mannerisms, and if one is even a bit off the original, it shows up glaringly!
    Like most of the others, I could recognize Sarath Kumar only a few minutes after his entry, and then too only with his voice. It was a surprise, but it didn't bother me much. Ditto for Deepika...she definitely looks better in person; her walk was almost mannish; and she seemed to have just one expression throughout - but still it wasn't too big an issue. But Rajinikanth's brisk walk is turned into some sort of a cartoon; the stylish way he waves his hands (like in "kanna ithu chumma trailer thaan ma!") is turned into some fly-swatting here - these are too glaring, and too annoying to be overlooked!
    It definitely is a new concept that has to be appreciated, and we could have forgiven its many faults, if only the director had not piggy backed on her dad!

3 people like this.
  6. anushri

anushri IL Hall of Fame

Watched it!! :) But movie is not a "Rajini" movie..
    It survives on dialogues and re-recording... Songs for animation movie?? Why? I felt the songs were wasted...
    Hope this daddy's gals stops her experiments with her dad. We fans can't do this favour all the time... My H who is also a fan of Rajini, was cribbing that his time n money has gone waste..
    As kids when our cousins used to fight who is best Rajini or Kamal.. A few cousins who are kamal fans used to say, Kamal has performed like this n that.. can ur Rajini do this? My bro used to reply them, when we are ready to watch Rajini even if he just fixes a nut n bolt for three hours, why should he unnecessarily take risks.. lol I guess this Soundarya tried to make money out of these crazy fans of Rajini...
    You won't be disappointed but won't that excitement we have got all these years for his other movies..

5 people like this.
  7. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I finally watched it too..

Before going to movie :
    - Heard all the songs, was not impressed because nothing grows on me. It was all flat and very "meh" .. ennavo po expression after hearing the songs.

- Saw the trailer, noticed the Squint eye and was prepared to not look at the eyes of any character..

Pro(s) of movie :
    - All inhibitions i had about the songs were wiped out. It blended well with the movie. All the mild songs were suitable for the animated character. Good job !

- Great grandeur scenes for the War. This is possible only through Animation and is too expensive to shoot in real . Good one.
    - Loved the punch dialogues here and there.
    - Loved seeing rajini's opening scene.. Awesome !
    - Loved the over-the-top Rajini fight scenes.. Both kudumi rajini and son rajini. This is what Animation is all about. Doing above and beyond what a hero in normal movie cannot do.
    - Loved Nagesh character.
    - hehehe Nassar's nose. It came out well.

Con(s) :
    - Rajini's Tamizh.. What the hell happened to his powerful tamil diction. He was saying "kalingapuri" instead of "KaLLingapuri".. you know what I mean.
    And "zha" did not come perfectly. This is not rajini..

- Deepika's well known feature is her dimple. Why was that not captured ?

- For a long time we had the doubt of Sarathkumar. we kept thinking it was sarathBabu until we saw few more scenes.. Duh ! Sarath was having a sleepy , drugged-high look on his face.

- Story had some glitches. There were unanswered questions even before we entered climax.
    **spoiler alert**
    I have no idea why Sena was given the task, but rana finished it. And where was sena all these days ? If he was in the same kingdom, didn't anyone recognize him?
    Did Jackie Shroff know Rana is kochadaiyaan son ? If yes , then why did he give asylum to him ?

-When the war scenes were shot in a grand manner, why wasnt the song scenes made well ? It was done with some grand locations but havent we seen this in regular movies (hill top , falls , trees) . Lacked imagination.

- Rajini's sister is .... drum rolllls.... found out after looking in wiki..... it is Rukmini , who acted in movie "Bommalaattam".

- Last but not the least... I was so angry at the costume designer. Why did they give a kachaan type pant-saree for Deepika ? This is a north-indian historical dress. A tamil kingdom would have a Saree or pavadai thavani. Not a blouse / Bra and pant .
    :rant. It looked so stupid and out of place. Compared to Rajini's majestic suit, this was looking rubbish.

6 people like this.
  8. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Enjoyed reading your detailed reviews girls. Your funny comments on negative points tempts me to watch the movie to see for myself what you are all talking about!!

3 people like this.
  9. aniShekar

Exactly Ranchu! The other character makes an entry after the horses are out of the stables...Makes an entry to open up the sequel, more like!

I had to resort to Wiki to find out about Rukmini Vijayakumar, too - while watching the movie, I had this vague idea that it was Yuvashree :) :) (who used to do small roles in movies, then moved on to small screen)

Likewise Sarath kumar - I too was firmly convinced it was Sarath Babu, especially since the music that accompanied his entry in the trailer seemed similar to Muthu BGM.

And did any of you notice the director herself had made a cameo in the opening song? At least, it looked like her! ;-) ;-)

3 people like this.
  10. vishal21

vishal21 Silver IL'ite

i guess most people are busy booking their x men days of future past tickets
    so movies like Kochadaiiyaan or Heropanti might not be receiving crowds as expected

Last edited: May 27, 2014