1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Washing machine

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by bitika, Jan 2, 2007.

1. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

Hi latha,
    Samsung washing machines are very good.We have a samsung TV and since I never faced any problem, i decided to go for a samsung washing maching too, despite it being just a little expensive than videocon, lg etc.I bought model WA82VALEC, fully automatic.Its been 1 yr of non stop use and i have never faced any problem.I swear by it!
    One more thing, atleast go for 6 lt capacity
    I feel top loading ones are better, for me atleast, since i have back problems.Front loading ones might look a little more trendy, but taxes our back big time.My washing machine is 6.2 lt capacity and I got it from Girias for around 13k at that time.Must be less now.

Regards
    Poonam

Last edited: Nov 22, 2008
  2. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

Re: Washing machines

Hi varudhini,buy any company but LG please. As far as my experience goes, LG products suck.Must be just my bad luck, dunno, but as the phrase goes,anyone, who has burnt his lips by hot milk, will surely blow on cold water!

Now about your queries, I shall answer one by one.

1)For me top loading washing machines work, since my back doesnt hurt as it would using a front loading. but i found this very good piece of info for u from a site

Front loading:
    Pros of a front loading washing machine:

* Consumes less water, detergent and electricity
    * Provides better wash
    * Usually comes with in-built heater
    * Fits under your kitchen cabinet
    * Has a pump to drain water

Cons of a front loading washing machine:

* Expensive
    * More noisy
    * Much heavier than top loading washing machines
    Because the drum is fitted on a horizontal axis, when the drum spins fast (at around 1100 RPM) for the dry cycle, the machine becomes very unstable and noisy. To prevent this, front loading washing machines usually have a heavy weight on top of the drum to stabilize it. This makes front loading washing machines very heavy to move. Hence don't buy them if you shift houses often. To prevent shaking of the drum, always wash small and heavy clothes separately.

Top loading:
    Pros of a top loading washing machine:

* Cheap
    * Light weight
    * Less noisy
    * Need not bend to load/unload clothes

Cons of a top loading washing machine:

* Consumes more water, detergent and electricity
    * Does not come with built-in hot wash facility

2) I dont know about other brands, the only one I have used so far is samsung and is really good.I have heard IFB is good too.

Whether the front loading or top loading be your choice and which ever company you go for, the most important thing u keep in mind should be auto resume facility, if the power goes off.With the frequent power cuts here, this feature in my washing maching has been very very useful
    It should have the ability to remember where it stopped before a power cut and resume from that point when the power comes on again. This feature is a must.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2008
  3. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Hi Poonam

Thank you sooooooooooo muh for detailed reply and my DH is very much impressed with SAMSUNG NANO TECHNOLOGYand whatever the machine may be i need more than 6kgss say atleast 8kgs and i too prefer TOP LOADING, fully automatic and i feel WHIRLPOOL is always THE BEST in WM's , my existing machine started troubling meonly after 7 yrs of continous use

Yesterday we had visit to all near by shops to know the price, WHIRLPOOL LATEST MACHINE with all features 8kg cost 18.5 , almost everyboyd says the same price

And, iam in dilemma whether to get IFB or not, but my DH is striclty against IFB

And, i feel ike waiting for some more days for GREAT SALE WITH ASSURED GIFTS.........hehheheh during CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR FESTIVAL sale, it will be the biggest sale , but DHnot interested in discount sale and all

4. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

hi latha,
    you are welcome.
    Well actually u can go for either samsung or whirlpool.IFB is good too, but i have seen IFB has more models for front load.
    You can compare models and reviews at www.compareindia.com
    Most of the times when it comes to appliances it solely depends on our luck.One would be lucky buying a hitachi or videocon without any hassles, while one might buy an IFB or samsung, and land into trouble.
    WHen we bought washing machine, the service guy came home to explain how to operate and how to maintain.Till now touchwood, samsung hasnt given any issues, although sometimes i overload(which i should not) it still washes it very clean.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2008
  5. aharia

aharia Silver IL'ite

hi, I TOTALLY AGREE WITH LOONY, LG IS A GOOD BRAND
    www.in.lge.com useful link, you get more idea on this.

6. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Dear Poonam and friends

My DH himself SOLVED THE FAULT IN WM, to my surprise,its running perfectly ,THANK GOD ( but the service engineer came to attend my complaint , he asked 400 for VISIT and other charges etc)

7. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

oh wonderful!Now u can pat his back for the good work and make him(your DH) some sweetdish for the labour :mrgreen:

Love
    Poonam