1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Washing machine

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by bitika, Jan 2, 2007.

1. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

hi Bitika,
    iam having fully automatic Whirlpool WM,itz reallly a good 1.
    sales person told when compare to IFB,in toploading whenever power fails we can easily take out, itz weight is less,if it is IFB v can't move from one place to another easily,but in this v can.
    so better is toploading fully automatic WM.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2007
  2. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

My experience with BPL WM

Hi Bitika

As far as my experience is conerned I would never recommend BPL WM. I am using it for the past 8 years but every 2 or 3 years I have to keep changing the assembly which costs me around Rs.2500/-. Also the so called magic joint which provides inlet for the water into the drum becomes too rusted becos of the water condition in Chennai which also needs replacing every 2 years and it costs around Rs.300/-.
    As the water condition in Chennai is very salty, I feel that the parts are not long lasting. But next time my WM conks I am just planning to dump it and go for WM with technology suiting Madras water condition.
    Make an informed decision, also I do see that BPL WM is no longer popular in the show rooms.
    Happy shopping ! Do come back and let us know the brand of WM You got.

2 people like this.
  3. AGR

AGR Bronze IL'ite

Hi all

I have booked for Siemens Side Loading 5.5Kg fully automatic at Viveks.......

4. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hai,
    I use a IFB fullu front loading WM for the past 8 years. I would suggest it for any one, it is just hassle free. There are good options for hot wash, silk wash and wash with out dry etc. I have even washed woolen and silk in it, no problem.
    And Heena, IFB does not use much water. One of my relative measured the water taken by IFB and she guarantees that it is the most economical in this aspect. And good service is available with the company itself. And the steel drums do not get clogged with hard water, our area water is very hard, but no trouble with the machine.
    One can forget about the clothes once we load them into the machine. And light clothes could be worn immediately after ironning.
    If one goes on adding more clothes after starting the machine, the wash quality may not be good. And you get a foot pump, if needed. It can be used for filling the machine with water from a bucket, if running water is not available.
    And we can open the machine and wash the clothes by hand, in case of long power failures.
    Hope I am not late in sharing my expereince.

5. bitika

bitika New IL'ite

Thanks a lot!!!!!

This message must be considered as a thankyou note to all who responded to my query....I am overwhelmed with the responses. Initially i hesitated to put such a topic for discussion.....anyway i am very happy, got some valuable advices......I will be going to purchase the washing machine, coming saturday....so let the discussion go on..........

:thumbsupto all Indus ladies!!!!!

6. varudhini

varudhini Bronze IL'ite

Washing machines

Dear friends

Can anybody advise me on which washing machine to buy. I am having two main doubts

1) Whether to go for front loading or top loading. Both pros and cons for both.

2) Which brand to buy?

I am thinking of whirlpool, LG, and IFB.

Ur suggestions are most welcome and will be of great use.

7. bitika

bitika New IL'ite

8. varudhini

varudhini Bronze IL'ite

Dear Bitika

TQ for the information.

Varudhini

9. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Dear Friends

I am at present using WHIRLPOOL fully automatic Top loading machine from 1999 , and i use minimum 4 days a week and wash diff materials too, till 2007 i didnt faced any problem , but from mid of 2007 till this date, i nearly spend more than 10k, yes one time i changed that SWITCH PANEL, another time the DRUM inside another time the outside area, etc etc, ( i shld have decided and bought new one, instead of paying such a huge amount for repair)but, i thought i can manage with thi till its last breath, but today onceagain some repair , water is flowing out from the machine during washing , atlast now i am fed up, dont feel like spedning this time have decided to change this old and get new one

Read all your replies and also browsed that link, iam confused now, what machine to get , becos all have got its own plus and minus

So friends, please guide me to get goodmachine and share about your machine

10. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

BTW, hw is SAMSUNG, my DH is very much interested in gettting samsung WM