Washing Machine - Top Loading Vs Front Loading

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Saisakthi, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear All,

Can I have some inputs of the pros and cons of Top loading and Front Loading Wasing Machine,

Also which brand for India is good at service, any specific model suggestion (Price Range 15K - 20K)

Thanks

2. resmij

resmij Silver IL'ite

Hi
    I prefer top load Washing machine mainly because in case of a power cut, you can take out the cloths!
    if it is a side load, and if you have a power cut, you cant take out your cloths.
    and LG is good in India.
    Regards
    Resmij

3. sunita23

sunita23 Silver IL'ite

Top Load with LG brand, advisable. Simple to use & access.

4. easy

easy Gold IL'ite

hi,
    i had a whirlpool front loading..now i changed to samsung front loading.generally the wash quality is better in front loading,but the wash cycles are longer also as otheres suggested ..incase of powercuts u cannot take out the clothes..but washquality is any time better ..also you have option of hot wash that is you can raise the temp. of water for heavy loads.not sure if you have these option in front load

prabha

5. applevaio

applevaio Silver IL'ite

IFB front loading..

6. writeme

writeme Silver IL'ite

I have no clue about the latest models/technologies of washing machines but few years back I owned an IFB front loading washing machine. I bought IFB because front loading WMs is said to have a better wash quality and IFB was the market topper then.

7. krvchitra

krvchitra Bronze IL'ite

lg w m top load is good & 'll be to your budget

8. LavanyaP

LavanyaP New IL'ite

I prefer IFB front loading. front loading washing machines may consume less amount of water compared to top loading n the wash quality is also good.

9. chaitusri

chaitusri Silver IL'ite

Hi Sai,

I am using Samsung toploading latest model from last one year, so far I don't have any issues.

Scientifically and practically front loading works with 10% better quality than toploading.

Note:None of them give the quality of dhobi wash

In front loading IFB is good, but the dealer should have direct dealership with IFB then only you will get good customer support, usually dealers promote the ones they get more benefits with that company, they do have some tieups.

Regards
    chaitusri

10. Kristine

Kristine Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I prefer top loading. As already mentioned by other ILites ( advantage during load shedding etc.)
    Its very simple to operate. Of course I have to transfer clothes manually to the rinser/dryer.

I can also save water by reusing the last clean wash water in the washer for my next load of wash with detergent! For clothes washed by hand dryer can be used alone.

I have the option to put a cloth (misplaced from the laundry bag!)in the washer after I switch on the washing cycle by simply lifting the cover lid !!

Regarding cleaning , of course hand wash is always better for light & medium wt clothes. But there one can always add conditioners , shiners etc.

LG , has a very good service record . Mine is 9 years old , multiple handled , replaced many parts recently and still strong & running .

Regards,
    Kristine