1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Washing Machine, Satan, Rumi and God!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Oct 14, 2009.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Washing Machine, Satan, Rumi and God

2. kavithavel

kavithavel Senior IL'ite

OMG,
    How is it sir??? I bow to the knowledge pool (Sridhar Sir) in front of me now.
    You don't know what you are doing to people here in IL.
    You are educating many many of us and we are beginning to be your followers.
    I don't believe in following any human on the earth.
    I am follower of my lord.
    But it requires a GURU to take you to him.
    You are proving to be one such to many souls out here.
    I have been a part of Krishna permi's sathsang, I have been a part of of many Hari Kath's, bagavatham discourses.....But I believe in only taking the prechings of lord and following it in my way..
    As these days it is so difficult to find a ARCHRYA.
    You are here guiding some many people to the path of purification.

Thanks a lot sir,
    Radhe Krishna,
    Kavitha.

3. ayyan

ayyan New IL'ite

Dear Varalotti,

I am too minor to write anything about your posts, but still I can’t stop writing this.
    When I read you, sometimes I feel I was Maran.
    I was in the situation of Maran for many years in my past life with so much of confusions always in mind, but there was no person like you there to guide me, but I gained something from my own hard experiences only.
    I feel I had undergone a hard washing in the toughest mode available in the machine.And the washing is still going on but now god has reduced the mode to soft and easy.
    Feels nice to follow up you.

Ayyan

4. radhikrish

radhikrish Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar Sir,

What a profound similarity you have used comparing human life's miseries to washing machine. I was really touched and impressed by that. What you have written is 100% true . Only when we go through the rigourous punishments or hardships in life , our mind and heart becomes more pure and will be filled with His thoughts. I particularly liked the statement " The end result is that you become pure and fit for being worn by God” . Got goose bumps reading that.

About the muvaiya's story, he is in the same league of Alwars, soaked in devotion to God.

Radhi

5. seega

seega New IL'ite

Hello

The title gave me an idea about the revenge effects of semi automatic WM, or the woes of maintaining one.

What a stumbling suprise!

N what a subtly misleading title!!!!!

Any moral told with a pinch of story/ example goes well with the context.

And a very novel idea of comparing our woes to that of d clothes thro' WM Hm!!!

Every time I switch on my WM in future, I am sure to remember Ur guidelines of life

Kudos

Tnx:thumbsup

6. sreedevikan

sreedevikan New IL'ite

dear sridhar sir
    iam following your blogs regularly and i am unable to correlate the story with washing machine example.
    i hope you are little confusing in explaining things
    when they are read seperatly they give wonderful message .the former signifies that god purifies you by exposing you to hardships. and later teaches you that GOD forgives your mistakes if you repent because he loves you
    but are they connected and reflect eachother
    may be iam little dull incatching your main idea
    forgive me and can you eloborate how they are connected
    sorry for my ignorance

7. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Sridhar,
    From now on... I am going to think about this blog whenever I look at or use the washing machine..all these days, I used to remember the "kural onrum illai..song' whenever I feel let down..
    Akilandeswari song's verses...'thunba pudathil ittu..thooyavan aakki vaithan' flashes through my mind.
    I was thinking ...yennada Satan Vedam odudhennu...his intentions were :-( that's why he is named Satan)
    Enjoyed it a lot!

sriniketan

8. varalotti

Dear Kavitha,

All of us here are travellers in the great journey of life. Let's say that our families are travelling together in a large Tempo Traveller van do you think we will be silent? We will be sharing our experiences, our feelings, our perceptions and our intuitions.

Now that Tempo Traveller van is our world. And I am just sharing what's in my heart and mind. And Kavitha, you also shared your thoughts about your children which none of us can afford to forget.

So please don't place me at a pedestal. Then I can't talk to you all so freely as I do now.

And Kavi, I too have the same policy when it comes to Guru. I met a lot of Swamijis. I liked some, loathed many but none of them I thought worthy of following fully. Today I have my teacher Dr.Arangarajan who teaches me Thiruvaimozhi. I have great regards for him. Because he has been stories of God's love almost in every class. He adds to the depth of my personality.

When one day I didn't know what to write for this week I was seeing the washing machine in action. I was staring at the gadget for a while and asked Indhu to explain how the machine operates. And this blog was born.

I am happy that you found it good. Thanks a lot. And yes, thanks for being the first to comment upon it.
    love,
    sridhar

9. varalotti

Dear Ayyan,
    I am really pleased that a person whose blog became the second finest blog last month is here to comment on mine. thanks a lot.

You are not too minor, Ayyan. I have been reading your blogs then and there. You have a way with the words. You have the knack of keeping us spell bound, especially with your Anjali series. Great work.

All of us have been Marans, sometime or other. And as you came up through hard experience, so did most of us. Only a very few had the benefit of a good, understanding and loving Master. In fact my writing about Maran and all reflects the longing I had for a Master in those days. It's a kind of fantasy.
    Let me add to what I have stated already in the blog. God has not only customized the process for each one of us, but has customized it for every minute of our life. The washing we had when we were 25 was different. What we have when we are fifty plus is different. Nothing can come even remotely near to His love and compassion.

thanks Ayyan for coming in.
    love,
    sridhar

10. chithradhamo

chithradhamo New IL'ite

Sridhar sir excellent. Even a washingmachin has something to teach if we are open minded.Rumi story is so so good. You have sent a message as always you do through your blogs. I enjoyed it so much .Thanks