1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Washing Machine Please

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by Smile4U, Dec 27, 2011.

1. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

Siemens is a good brand but the service network is minimal. Though it runs for ages, once it gives a problem, it is tough to get it fixed.

I am using LG front loader for almost 5 years now. Reliable machine and great service. Wash quality is good but this greatly depends on the water and detergents used.

If you are having hard water at home, there are additives which help you give a better wash and also protect your washing machine drum. I use IFB Protecta. Just add a little along with detergent for every wash and you get good wash quality.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

lakshmi,

descaling/protecting additives work only to a certain tds levels..after that it becomes an issue. this was divulged by one good hearted mechanic.

that is one of the reason i have hinted at a pvc drum rather than a steel..

i do use calfree, scalegon, but it definitely is not improving..

so definitely the hardness of your watersource is the great player with washing machines..

3. kishoremommy

kishoremommy Platinum IL'ite

I was in Chennai Madipakkam area before 5 years.We were using hard water for washing.Definitely washing quality was not good.But using SA8 ,an Amway product ,the clothes looked finer.

One tip I would suggest is divide your clothes into 3 categories--white,daily clothes {such as nightie,inners,lungies,towels,bedsheets},costly dresses.

According to your requirements ,wash them separately.

For costly dresses,after washing soak in ujala stiff and shine for 10 minutes .Then squeeze lightly and dry.This gives a shiny and new look.

4. sunshinealways

sunshinealways New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,
    I agree that Amway product SA8 is good when it comes to maintaining clothes. But is a bit costlier. Any other detergents which gives better wash for water quality in Chennai valasaravakkam area?