1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Washing hair w/o water entering the ears

Discussion in 'Infants' started by pray2god, Apr 6, 2011.

1. pray2god

pray2god Senior IL'ite

My DD has lots of hair and I have a tough time washing her hair. She is 8 months old and I am thinking one of the reasons for her to get ear infections is bcoz water enters the ears.& bacteria grows. Can you provide tips on how to wash hair for babies. I live in the US so putting her on the legs and giving her a bath is ruled out.. I put her in the baby bathtub and try to slowly pour water on the head..

2. nivedidha

nivedidha New IL'ite

y dont u use some biggr sized cotton plugs .make sure u dont push them too much inside. also use boiled drinking water cooled to room temperature do not mix tap water

3. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

4. priya4prabhu

priya4prabhu Silver IL'ite

My mom had taught me hold the face and her head in such a way that the water does not even reach the face and around the hair.. hold it efficiently when pouring the hair.. ask some one to help u .. when u wash her hair.. atleast for her good sake.

5. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

I understand that you are in US . Am sure you must have a bath tub for you guys to take bath.During my stay in US (my DS was 8 months then), I used to sit inside the Bath Tub with my Legs streched and have my DS lie down on the legs..I dont use the bathing shower for him. I used to have warm water in small buckets (i remember using the halloween Buckets ) and give him a wash with the help of a small Mug...

It was almost the Indianised way of giving bath to the kid...

try this....(When pouring water to the Baby's head, make sure you play your hand on the forehead so that the water doesnt enter the face/ears (My DH used to help me with this)

Hope this helps

Last edited: Apr 7, 2011