1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Was your decision right?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Sheenu, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Sheenu

Sheenu Junior IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I have read so many post, where DILs are suffering because of husband or inlaws. Every girl has some issues, some has minor and some has big. Somewhere in our hearts we feel that this marriage was a wrong decision.
    As per as my thinking, I have took wrong decision. I should think from every perspective for the alliance. At that time I was not aware of these type of issues. But now I have seen the real life of a DIL/wife.
    On the other hand, my friend is on cloud-nine. Her inlaws are so caring and loving. She says that she took best decision of marriage in her life. I am very happy for her.
    I know everybody has some feeling like this. So answer the following Question in yes or no-

Was your decision of marriage with your DH right?

My answer is - No

2. Cool1

Cool1 New IL'ite

It was the best decision of my life, since it was me who had to take the final decision..

I wont deny that during the initial phase I was a bit frustrated and thought it to be a wrong decision.Mostly because of the circumstances in which I was married.
    But now I feel that he is perfect for me:)
    In laws issues will always be there, some major and some minor...As long as DH is on your side..things are cool:)

3. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

i was always independent and my parents always gave me choice to decide could be education or anything else
    but my dad was againts my marriage decision as my in laws are not well off and my dh does not look like a fair charming man like my dad wanted
    but i was able to convice him and go ahead
    even now i feel mine is a right choice ..money comes and goes but having spouse who undertsands you is best thing that can happen

parents..siblings,...relatives ..children and all are not our choice
    god decides and we have to accept
    spouse is only decision you can make in whole life time..best choice yeilds happy life and bad decision can screw up life its all fate

4. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

A decision is right or wrong when you make it & my decision was best in what was available to me at that point of time.

Down the lane of marriage a lot dynamics change & a lot of realities come up.
    Now I need to ask myself that living further in this marriage is right or wrong at this point of time then I have 2 answers:
    1) Yes - then ur making a new decision of continuing this marriage.
    2) No - then u have to file for separation.

Yes a lot of ppl are lucky enuff to get the best set of ILs and DH but then their successful life is not a criteria for success or failure of my life... I have my own achievements, looks, background, destiny, nature etc etc which will result into a different outcome.
    I have seen ppl who keep analysing for the best mate and easily cross 40 waiting for just the right MAN & family.

5. amul

amul Silver IL'ite

The only correct decision I made in my life is marrying my DH.
    I never regret for this.
    after having such a understanding person I just ignore all my MIL's actions(ofcourse not sooo bad) and take for granted.I had an excellent FIL who cares me as his own daughter.

I think our thought of regretting DH depends on our actions also.both are responsible for the relationship.

I wish you all the best for good relationship sheenu:thumbsup

6. StaarBearer

StaarBearer Senior IL'ite

I think the only Good decision I have (ever!!) made in my Life, is to Love my best-friend. However, with the recent let-downs and disappointments in the marriage, maybe it wasnt my best decision to have asked her marry me.

7. rosegirl

rosegirl Bronze IL'ite

My answer is NO
    We both are totally different, no similar thoughts in anything, diagonally opposite personalities.
    I really wish I had waited for the special someone and had a love marriage, instead of marrying the person my parents fixed to please them.

8. tanid

tanid New IL'ite

does it really matter?
    What matter's is how u keep accept and work on cherishing the decision u made!
    cheers
    mum of tani

9. scorpiogal

scorpiogal Senior IL'ite

Most of the time we necessarily don't make the right decision whether its choosing a dress ,career and may be even marriage .All of us ,at some point in our life think I wish I chose the other one .According to me after I make /made a decision there is no looking back .whether a good choice or bad choice I made it so I have to deal with .

10. Anug

Anug New IL'ite

I would say mine is correct decision without any doubt/thinking. Though I have problems here and there(MIL).....my DH is the perfect match for me. I am not regretting nor repending. And Its we who decided to marry each other.