1. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Liked anything that you read here? You may nominate it as the Finest Posts!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Take the 100 Days Positivity Challenge : Join Here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Was that me?

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by Sriniketan, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends,
    This thought is all over me, for the past one week.
    When I rewind it..I still feel very sad and mad at me too!

It all happened one fine (later on came to know it is not fine for me :-() afternoon, I was driving the car, with my son, finished off some of the pending works, returning home. I got a call from my daughter, to pick her up from her friend's house. I was on the way with my son. He was restless because, his lunch time is nearing.:spin I could have left him back at home, to help himself, but I did not, thought, it is another 15 min. only.

While driving on the road I spotted a small creature, I thought it was a squirrel, (here squirrels are in ash color, but this one seemed brown) but it didn't have bushy tail. I spotted this type in our garden, later. They call it as 'Chipmunk' , it might be that. It might be a rodent too.

The poor creature was crossing the road. Usually during summer, these poor animals cross the road to get their food. I miscalculated my car's speed with the speed of that teenytiny soul. I thought I avoided it, but my son, told me, 'Mom you hit that one".
    I was in :shock: and was :shaking:

I usually pray for their souls to rest in peace, if I spotted them on the road. Sometimes, we see deer too :spin.

Did I do that. did I do that, is that me? :drowning I was thinking, no it can't be.

I picked up my daughter and on my way, to make sure, I didn't do that, I was looking for that spot...(in spite of being :spin over his missed lunch, my son said, that area is nearing, did you do that? )

But alas, when I neared that spot, I saw that poor creature, with his/her legs facing upwards. That's it...I am lost till now in that thought of how I misjudged everything that day..and what a loss to the nature...and that too because of me..

Still in that grip!

Sriniketan

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Srini:kiss
    Why you want to blame yourself dear..
    sometimes these things happen in life we don't have control on the road in case you had stopped then you would have annoyed the other drivers na...
    I think that little ones death had come and you were only the reason for that, it had to meet with an accident so it happened. Don't feel bad.....
    I know how it makes you feel becoz once I had a bird under my car and whole day I was feeling so sorry for that little bird and couldn't eat food for the whole day when DH consoled me I just had a mouth full.
    So don't feel bad ...........what has to happen will happen in life nothing is in our hands na...

3. Sriniketan

Thank you Aruna for those kind words.
    You said it right..but whenever I see such hit-animals on the road, I used to think, why can't the drivers be careful, but when it came to me..I am not able to handle it..:-(
    I am the reason for a good happening...I would be happy..but not a reason to this kind of a thing..:-(.
    Thank you once again for your sweet words, which helped me feel less guilty. :)

sriniketan

4. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Hello Srini,

Sorry to hear that. I could understand how u feel, I know how much u love animals.....

Yes I agree, some drivers go so fast and dont mind hitting an animal. I once saw a van - it was too very fast - hit a dog in its leg and dint stop a second :-(.... I was in my two wheeler and stopped. I thought if I could call a Vet and if anything can be done.I was completely nervous. But the shop keepers there took the dog and put him in the corner of the road. They told me nothing can be done, he is almost dead.... So I just returned home.... for few days the scene was coming to my mind always....

Your case is different.... some things are out of our hand..... I feel - we all should just take this as a lesson(good that u posted it here).... don't feel that its your mistake.... You dint do it purposely....
    Don't worry. Just take care :).

5. Sriniketan

Custard,
    The scene you had described here is really bothersome. Nice of you to offer help..what to do ..that dog was badly hit..poor soul!
    You are right, I didn't do it purposelly...but still you know that scene,..'Was that me?' question...it will take sometime to come out of it..That's why I put off the weight in my heart, to you all..
    It is less weight there,now with all of your consoling words.

Sriniketan

6. devapriya

devapriya IL Hall of Fame

Srini... If something bad happens without our control, then we should understand it by ourselves that all that happens as God likes... we are just the mediators. Sometimes the life of good people will get ended by the good one... you both are so good i think. :)

7. Sriniketan

Priya,
    All which happens are according to His plans.
    But to see this kind of, and that too through me, makes me feel sad...
    In one such similar incident, a squirrel was in the middle of the road...and it was standing still...it is a 2 way road too...I was afraid, what is going to happen..but through His Grace, I drove, past the squirrel, who was positioned at the center of the car Iwas driving..that day, I thanked Him..but today...:-(
    I don't think I am such a good person.:spin.

Thank you for consoling me, Priya. I am now a little bit consoled on this matter.

Sriniketan