1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Was "Kites" really great??

Discussion in 'Movies' started by pihusangma, Jul 15, 2010.

1. pihusangma

pihusangma New IL'ite

Did you like Kites?

If you ask me, “Kites” and “Hype” have become synonymous to me!! I just could not understand what was so great and phenomenal about the movie. Hrithik’s acting was good, the Vegas visuals were good, the songs were good, some speedy scenes and underwater scenes were great, the concept and story had bit of uniqueness at places – but apart from these pluses I did not find much in the film. The greatest flaws were in the storyline – it had many loopholes and was quite unconvincing at times.:thumbsdown

I loved the experience though—I watched it in a small-town multiplex – It was a treat from a dear cousin and his wife – they pampered me with popcorns, cokes and first-class-sofa tickets!

:)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2010

Similar Threads
    1. mssunitha2001
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. archu1981
      Replies:
      Views:
    3. Pra
      Replies:
      Views:
  2. MadhujaJ

MadhujaJ Senior IL'ite

Pihu,

I think most of the Indian audience would agree with your post. Having said that, I must admit that we, the Indian audience, are still not ready for a film like “Kites”. The unique treatment of the story (the story was weak), the concept and the speed of the film were not things that the Hindi-film-loving mass audience is used to.

I was not much disappointed because Rakesh Roshan films have stopped disappointing me. I always find their stories juvenile and the filmmaking too loud!!

But “Kites” disappointed me as a Anurag Basu movie – I love this director’s work and just could accept “Kites” as a film from the director of Life in A Metro!

3. Gayathri47

Gayathri47 Silver IL'ite

After all the hype that is created, it really was a complete disastour movie. If there wan any voting - that would have been the disastor movie of the year (ofcourse, with all other equally bakwaas movies coming up, the competition would be throat-to-throat :biglaugh)

A weak story line, with too much Spanish (this is one of the reasons it failed - peple want to come sit and watch, not read every translated line that might come on on screen.. no no too much of head-ache), not enough continuity in the movie all was too much. Really speaking, loads of money down the pipe (and you know which!).

4. geeta2009

geeta2009 New IL'ite

Hi ,

I completely agree with you, Kites was in words of Hritik a "pasta" not a "biryani". But i dont think that the indian audience is ready for a pasta movie yet. Frankly speaking, we have seen too many similar hollywood movies with similar settings. had the movie been indianised it could have done well. Like Ram gopal verma did with Godfather when we made Sarkar.

5. AakritiM65

AakritiM65 New IL'ite

Ladies!!!

i think 'kites" just didnt fly as high as it should have, frankly i think it had a really weak script... and i agree it didnt have anything that anyother hollywood action movies doesnt have. it might have the international appeal but it completely failed in engaging the indian audience, the actual audience. the movie had more dialogues in English and Spanish and had barely any dialogues in Hindi. This very clearly leaves out a major chunk of the paying public. And for a movie the size of Kites needs this public to be successful.

6. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

There is nothing gripping in the movie 'Kites'.Except for Hrithik and Barbara Mori factor nothing is unique in the movie.Even they cudnt hold the audience after about 20 min. I was downright bored and wanted to walk out by the intermission.I cant believe its a home production of Hrithik Roshan.What was Rakesh Roshan thinking when he decided to make this movie?