Wants to study CLASSICAL DANCE !!!

Discussion in 'Personal Services in Dubai' started by JESSAG, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Puribala

Puribala New IL'ite

Re: dance class details needed

Hi Priya,

Which dance style do you wish to learn? Have you already learnt before?

There are many institutes in Karama that teach different classical dance styles like Chrystal/Shruti, Kala Bhavan, Swaralaya etc. There are also good dance teachers who take private classes in group or individual at their/others home in Bur Dubai/Karama. It is better to go to such gurus to learn more consistently and with more individual attention. In institutes, there is a possibility of teachers changing and that is not good for a beginner. I can give you names but not numbers in this post. You can enquire about Annapoorna Akka, Sasi Kottakal Sir, Meera Srikant, Prem Sir, Mohan Sir as they are well known gurus in Dubai.

Did you browse through this forum? There are other similar posts with information about dance teachers in that area. Our moderator Usha Auntys daughter has given some good inputs in these posts.

I stay in Greens and hence wont be of much help to you at the moment :) I am a Bharatanatyam dancer myself.

Good luck.

Puri

2. jigmal

jigmal New IL'ite

hi priya,
    i know a classical dance teacher in bur dubai,she is a kathak teacher ,named vaishali

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2010
  3. yesgpriya

yesgpriya New IL'ite

hi puri,
    thank u so much for ur reply.but am looking for a bharathanatiyam dance teacher for my 4 year old daughter.
    i went thru some posts on this site but couldnt get any proper contact information. thats y i posted on my own. am new to this area. so dont know whom should i enquire abt all those u said.
    how can i contact u to get their numbers? i stay in burdubai and i would appreciate if i could get some info.
    once again thanks for ur detailed response.
    priya.

4. Megan

Megan New IL'ite

Hi Gaya3,
    I am Meghana Kadam , very new to IL & extremely interested in relearning Bharatnatyam. I have been searching for a good guru who is willing to teach an adult. You mentioned in one of your threads that there's a guru in Liwa bldg which is very very close to where I stay. How can I get her contact...pls help me out.
    Many Thanks,
    Meghana.

5. Megan

Megan New IL'ite

Hi Shwetha,
    I am Meghana Kadam, a new member to IL & want to relearn Bharatnatyam. I am 36 so want to find a lady guru who is willing to take up the challenge:). I am insisting on a lady guru coz when doing abhinaya I feel very shy when faced with male teachers...silly I know but atleast that's how I used to feel 15yrs back!. I live in BurDubai next to Silver Sands 2 and want to take private lessons. Do let me know the contact details of good bharatnatyam gurus at your soonest.
    Many Thanks,
    Meghana

6. manjulaparakkal

manjulaparakkal New IL'ite

Hi Puri,

My name is manjula and i ma looking for good Bharthanatyam teacher and karnatic music teacher to teach my daughter who is 9 yrs old. I prefer to have private coaching in our house and we are based in Karama , Dubai. Appreciate if you can share with me the contacts of good teachers who take private lessons through PM.Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
    manju

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2013
  7. manjulaparakkal

manjulaparakkal New IL'ite

Do anyone have the contact numbers of these dance teachers (Annapoorna Akka, Sasi Kottakal Sir, Meera Srikant, Prem Sir, Mohan Sir as they are well known gurus in Dubai.)??

Appreciate if you could share with me their contact. I am looking for a dance teacher for my daughter who is 9 yrs. we are located in Karama Dubai.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Manju

8. mumindubai

mumindubai New IL'ite

Dear Meghana
    Same predicament here as well. Did you find yourself a good teacher? let me know.greatly interested.

MID

9. divyangopinath

divyangopinath New IL'ite

Dear Swetha,
    Hope ur doing gr8....I am Divya, a new member of this group. I would like to enquire about the Bharathanatyam classes(private tutor) in dubai. Somebody who can come home and teach. Request your help :)

Many Thanks & Regards,
    Divya.