Want to tell you the tale of my soul mate Dolly

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by meVaidehi, Jan 30, 2009.

1. amoha

amoha New IL'ite

OMG! sorry I took in the literal sense :) I really thought you were able to distinguish between the barks or something like that!! LOL

2. meVaidehi

meVaidehi Platinum IL'ite

Hi All Good Morning Have a Wonderful Day ahead.
    So here we are back with our story.
    Now we 3 (dad, me and sis) were friends with Dolly. We used to play around on the terrace but never allowed her inside the house. Mamma was strictly against it. And my younger sis (bitten by dog) was so much frightened of her and Dolly was not ready to leave her. She wanted to play with her too. Whenever Dolly came near her she used to scream and run and Dolly following her. They used to play ringa ringa on whole terrace. Now we tried taking her out for walks and she was horrible to control. She wanted to explore everything and run here and there and people on road ran scared. She enjoyed it when someone get scared of her. When she is with us she is queen she would bark, jump on anyone she did not like. She does not like fat people(one of them LL) and dark people and the ones who do not like her. She would run around everywhere and when tired would ask us to pick her up. Then maharani would just watch around. She was very funny with other dogs first she would go near, smell them and when they tried to come near to her she would run to us and hide behind us. She has this habit whenever she wants you to pick her up she would climb on your foot and catch it with front legs.
    There was one more Doggie Shiny who was younger to Dolly. If they both were taken at the same time to the park, we would also pamper Shiny which our honey did not like at all. So whenever she is out of attention she would harass Shiny. Once she stood over the poor Dog. I mean she was standing and frightened Shiny below her belly in between her legs:hide:. Shiny used to visit our home sometimes. We gave them both some biscuits. Strange to see Shiny always used to finish it well before Dolly. And one day we caught the reason. Our madam used to keep her own biscuit away and harass her take her biscuit and hide it somewhere then peacefully eat her own. But if we did not give it then she would share her food with Shiny (jealous female).
    She used to catch herself neck tight by running around the leg of cot she was tied and then cry. We rushed outside to untie her and she would start playing. Once she understood we come out if she cries, she started nautanki whenever she got bored.
    Now the winter half day school had begun so all were at home. Now we used to keep the door open and she was promoted into the balcony tied with the railings and she enjoyed watching the road between two rows of houses. She was still not able to climb & get down the stairs as they were almost her height so she had to be picked up and taken up and down. Once dad and me thought of teaching her to get down the stairs but she was scared. So we put our hands between 2 stairs so that they became half size now she could get down and she loved it. Slowly her fear was lost and she started it on her own in a few days.
    But this was another trouble. If by mistake the terrace door remained open madam ran away like wind and go on road and run around and it was a circus to get her back. She would run between our legs, behind vehicles. Once we were inside and heard her barking so ran outside. Within seconds she ran down 2 floors crossed the lane and was on 3rd floor of opposite side house following a cat! She loved finding what is it their below the car and would go below any car and come out black. Now mamma also had started liking her and my sis trying to befriend her from distance.
    to be continued....

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  3. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Vaidehi,
    Nice to hear about maharani..Dolly...and also see her...lovely pet..
    Mm..now your mom and sister started to like her...good..good..

sriniketan

4. meVaidehi

Thank you Shrini!
    Yes now they started liking each other but how mamma got close to her is rather funny. One day when I came back from office, it was my habit to first open the terrace door to see her take her out and then open main door. What I see after opening the door is all the flower pots here and there, the plants scattered, mud everywhere with her foot marks on it as if she had danced over. She came to me running as usual forgetting her avtar. She was looking like a monkey with her legs and mouth covered with mud. When I shouted at her she realized and put her tail down wagging slowly, ears 10.10 (we have given clock positions to her ear movements if she is listening a sound coming from far it would be 3 or 9, sorry 1.05, lets go out full up). When I asked her what did you do she put a plant in pot and I started laughing. Then we cleaned the terrace putting the plants back in pots. Also cleaned her with her towel and told her we won't let mamma know anything or we'll get good. When mamma came from school we were sitting on terrace as if nothing has happened. I was reading and she sat near me so calm. She didn't run to dad as usual just kept looking at them. Mamma said what's the matter no masti something is cooking. When she saw a plant not put properly she asked why is it like this? and Shona ran away sitting at the corner with 1.05. Mamma went near and she was like it not me, sat on mamma's lap started licking her and mamma burst in laughter. Since then she is mamma's dearest daughter. That time she was getting teeth and probably she needed something to chew. She used to catch hold of anything bit hard and start chewing. She liked eating remaining remaining parts of coconut. Mamma kept more.
    One day my younger sis (the one who was frightened of her) was upset with something and was not talking to anyone. She sat alone with sad face. Dolly went near her sat in front of her and started waving her head making some sound as if lets go out and play. She lick her hands slowly (she knew sis doesn't like to touch her) Sis turned face Shona went on that side she continued this till the time my sis started laughing and hugged her. Now we all were a family. Most of our time passed on terrace. We did our work and she played around with everyone.
    Now we had summer vacations and all were at home. She wanted to get into the house and whenever she got a chance she used to run inside and go below the bed. She could walk there almost without bending and slept there. Once mamma was closing the door and she tried to get in. Her foot was caught in the door a bit and she cried Mamma frightened opened the door and she ran inside (nothing had happened to her she purposefully put her foot there). Trying to eat her food from bowl she used to be like a child. so I started feeding her and shaitan made it a habit she wouldn't eat her food herself. One of us had to do this. Once mamma said enough what if no one of us is around will she remain hungry and kept her bowl in front of her. She sat there waiting for us to feed. When we didn't she went out playing. It was 1pm and she was dam hungry she couldn't even bark full volume. She came to the bowl we all gathered thinking now she would eat. She picked upo the bowl in mouth and dropped it in front of mamma and sat there (i'm hungry) Mamma started feeding her.
    She used to go with dad in the general stores whenever he went to buy anything sitting on his hand (the way we take children) and dad got her 2 chocolates. she would not leave the store before finishing one. After coming home she would finish the other if left(most of the times she would steal it from his pocket on the way back) We are sorry as we didn't know then that chocolates and sweets are harmful for her health the day we got to know we stopped it.

1 person likes this.
  5. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vaidehi,

I just now happened to see this thread...:). Good to know about your pet and your times with her...

Your love for her is so evident in the description of all the minute details..
    clock position 10:10 for the ears Big Laugh

Dolly does look cute..

1 person likes this.
  6. meVaidehi

Hello I am back. I was at my village and the net connection was so poor i couldn't write. Today it’s a comedy show. We are going to see the funny side or our story. These are a few funny moments apart from the ones I’ve already discussed in previous threads.
    She was now inside the house very happy playing with us all day long. But at night after dinner LL's son used to come and take her down. She did not like going down. She wanted to be with us same did we. So once sis told her an idea that if he comes we'll all be quiet as if we are already sleeping and if she makes noise he'll take her. We all were so busy in our masti and suddenly there was sound on the stairs. Dolly didn't even close her already open mouth and slowly crawled below the bed. We told LL's son that she is sleeping he said ok and stepped down here our masti welcome back after a break.
    She liked watermelon a lot but being small couldn't eat much. But she and my youngest sis were in khunnas so Dolly would not get up before sis. Now how to eat like her? Dolly used to have a piece or two, go out make some space (don't ask me how) and join back. Whatever we want her to eat we would just say have eat warna chhoti didi aa jayegi and she would finish it.
    There was a mimicry show for Ganpati festival we were enjoying from our window being near. The artist made a sound of barking dog and Dolly blasted with unstopped barking and all looked at us. Dad said she has given a complement as your mimicry was so perfect and all were laughing.<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"> <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape id=_x0000_i1025 style="WIDTH: 29.25pt; HEIGHT: 11.25pt" alt="0" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:href="http://www.indusladies.com/forums/images/smilies/rotfl.gif" src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\Anand\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image001.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape>
    Once sis was doing yoga and Dolly was watching curiously sitting at some distance. When sis slept on her back for one 'asan' suddenly Dolly ran we thought now she would sit on sis but she slept near sis on her back with all 4 legs up in the same pose and looked at sis now what next?
    Sis stood 2nd in the college in her 11th she came running Only Dolly and me were at home. She told about her result and Dolly jumped to my waist height in joy and started licking sis.

1 person likes this.
  7. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Vai,

Read all the parts about your cute Dolly babe.Really engrosing and her picture is absolutely beautiful .She is definitely a very intelligent little doggie and you are really fortunate to have her with you .Very happy to note that she is the darling of the wholy family .They really know how to capture hearts!!
    Do keep posting more about her adventures ...I liked the Yoga scene very much ...wish you had a photograph of that too.

1 person likes this.
  8. Sriniketan

vaidehi,
    Really loved the way, shona went into everybody's hearts...
    Your description of the ear position is very much enjoyable..
    Planting back the plant in its pots..really smart...
    As Paulina pointed out...'asana shona'..picture do post it if you had taken a shot of that...

sriniketan

1 person likes this.
  9. meVaidehi

Thank you so much Paulina and Srini,
    Sadly we couldn't take a pic of that scene.
    Yes I firmly believe they know how to win hearts. Now she was the princess and only centre point of the family. And she loved it. Now it was Ganpati festival and as a tradition dad went to bring dear Ganpati bappa home and we were busy in the preparations. She felt that no one is paying attention to her. She tried coming to everyone and playing but because of the Muhurat we were so busy. She sat in the corner. When dad came, she ran as usual to the door and saw Ganpati Bappa's murti in his hand. Dad didn't pick her up and we were doing the 'pooja'. She felt this new guest is taking our attention away and kept staring at him.:spin
    In the evening we were doing the 'Aarti' and she was sitting in between. When for the last one we were doing 'pradakshina' she also moved around and did 'namaskaram'. Sis picked her up and introduced her to Ganpati bappa and told that he is a god and has come to us for some days and take his blessings. She stopped staring at him.
    Now we wanted to shift house as it was a bit small. There was no discussion with LL's as she would go with us or stay with them. Everybody knew she is a part of our family and they were happy. Previously we would have taken a flat but with shona we needed a separate house or bunglow as she needed place to play and the neighbours shouldn't complain. It took us almost 2 months to search for a house with lots of space for her to play around. When we were shifting, we were a bit tense as will she be able to leave this place? As we had heard animals are home sick and they do not leave places. To add one of my students told her cat's story that even after being with the family for years the cat didn't stay at their new house and used to run away to the previous one. From morning she was running here and there wondering what people are doing and why they are moving the things? I sat taking her in my lap and explained her that we are moving to a bigger home where ther's plenty of space for her to play and its on ground and also a bigger terrace many new friends. Stills we were not sure how the transition would be. Mamma and Dolly were there till the last glass articles were moved now it was a time for locking. Dad moved ahead to pick her up and we thought she would get scared but to our surprise she was the first to run out. After arrival she first examined the house and started jumping around.

1 person likes this.
  10. Sriniketan

Vaidehi,
    Shona is indeed an intelliget soul mate of yours...she understands and even does the namaskarams...good..
    When we had a pet in our house...he would bark to get attention when my dh or my daughter talk to us or play with other siblings..
    Nice to see that she adjusts to the new surrounding...

sriniketan