Want to spend my time constructively

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Lak_657, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Lak_657

Lak_657 New IL'ite

Recently my son has gone to a distance place to study and I am alone. Now I am finding it difficult to kill my time. I am a graduate and I want to do something useful. Can anybody suggest as to which type of job I can opt for? For your information I am in central mumbai.

2. Chandramukhi

Chandramukhi Senior IL'ite

Hi Lak 657,

Well, we can't suggest what kind of job you can opt for since you gave us no extra information.

But you can write down what kind of job you would like to have and what you are willing and not willing to do.
    It is important for yourself to know if you want to find a job in the field you graduated in or not.
    Please have a look at JOB SITES for job oppurtunities.

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2008
  3. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

How to spend time constructively depends upon your age, calibre, qualifications, experience etc..

The very first thing I would suggest is to open up your hidden talents. You must have given up your hobbies or talents to raise your kids and nourish love in the family.

You can enhance those talents by working on them.

If you are qualified, you can look for small openings with an open mind that you may have been the best player, but your temporary retirement has brought in many youngsters with more qualification and knowledge.

The openings may not be of your choice or the pay scale may be paltry, but a start and a few months of experience can bring you back in the rat race.

You can also approach beauty parlours who are always looking for managers to run them!

4. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Why not spend your time for some NGOs like suicide prevention centre or some thing like that? Some need volunteers badly. You can spend a few hours a day. Also you can record the lessons for the blind students and work as scribe for them for exams.The option is yours, you want to earn or learn or help. You can do all these also. Best of luck!

5. chaitrachaitu

chaitrachaitu Silver IL'ite

a very good information regarding spending of time in an healthy way..a must to every woman to choose a good path,if they have lots of time to kill

6. kiran82

kiran82 Silver IL'ite

If you are interested in any hand work like knitting,crochet etc there are lots of videos on you tube from where you could learn.That's what I do these days.Then there are also some language sites from where you could learn a language, I heard, but haven't yet looked into them.I also practice typing these days-lots of sites for practice-as I am interested in medical transcription and would like to learn.
    The suggestions given prior to me are very good-I would very much love to go out and help anyone but am afraid to go into city alone these days-too much of traffic.Hope my information is useful to you.

Regards,